Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fell and damaged my Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Within 12 hours of purchasing a new Ionic, I fell going for a run. While the display was barely affected, my fall caused a slight separation between the screen and metal body of the Ionic. Presumably, this makes it no longer water proof, which is frustrating because I am an avid swimmer.

Upon contacting customer support, they quickly shoved the 1 year warranty in my face stating that accidentals aren’t covered. I wasn’t fishing for a new replacement, I just wanted some way to fix the issue so I can swim. I was willing to even pay a repair cost.

Fitbit offered me no solution. Instead, they told me I would have to buy another Ionic, and that they could give me a 25% discount...bringing the total cost to $225 dollars. This is just unacceptable that Fitbit doesn’t have a repair team for issue like this. Falling on a run is out of much control, it happens. Sure, I should be liable to pay to fix my Ionic. But $225 for a completely new one? This is ridiculous. 

I hope my complaint is is helpful to anyone considering purchasing a Fitbit product. You need to know that any accident that occur during your workout are going to cost you a lot of money, and Fitbit isn’t going to fix it. 

Ruined my weekend! 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

I have had my Ionic for a month, last night reached behind my TV to unplug something and when I was done I had several deep scratches and several small cracks in the corner of the screen.

That was a minor brush against a wall covered in plaster and acrylic paint. Acrylic paint scratched the so called "gorilla glass"!

I've used more durable toothpicks than this thing, it's ridiculously fragile 

Best Answer

Something similar happened to me just two hours after I received it. Same story...no solution or help to get get it fixed 😞

Best Answer

My ionic is two months old and the other day it fell a short distance from my counter to the floor. The face cracked and shattered in the upper left corner. I called Fitbit and just as everyone else has stated, they offer no resolution aside from the opportunity to throw even more money away on their garbage by giving me a 25% discount on a new product. I was infuriated because it seems to me that if rthe are going to market an item as suitable for something as potentially hazardous as ecrcisex, they would ensure their product could withstand some bumps and bangs. The bands on my watch constantly let go of the watch face and it almost fell from my wrist countless times, which obviously would have led to a break in the watch face. The entire debicd is faulty and way to expensive for how easily it can be damaged. I am angry. Fitbit is trash!!!

Best Answer

I’m on my 2nd Fitbit in less then a year. The faces of these are so week it’s crazy! This last time I had the ionic with a cover guard and it still scratched! They need to offer a way to fix and replace screens and until then this is my last Fitbit.

Best Answer

I’m really sad too. I’d only had my ionic a couple of months and noticed that the middle of the screen was really scratched and was a tiny crack in the corner of the screen! There’s no way I’ve bashed it or dropped it that hard, I’m so super careful with it and only use it for running/walking. Got in touch with Fitbit and they were v unhelpful and just quoted me the warranty etc. Really disappointed but luckily I don’t use it for swimming but I guess I never will have the opportunity now ☹️

Best Answer

I've slammed my Ionic against door jams while walking past them quickly, to the point where it makes me cringe and I look at it expecting to see a shattered screen but nope.  Not a SINGLE scratch on my Ionic.  I wear it every day and it takes a beating between runs, dog walks, and weight lifting at the gym.  No scratches or scuffs, despite banging it into walls about a dozen times.  I've had it four months and it looks brand new.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I only had mine for a few week when the watch fell from waist height while I was waiting for the metro and the screen cracked. I was not running, the band came loose and the watch feel from my waist and it cracked I was just baffled. I called fitibit and was only offered the 25% discount, I would steer folks away from the ionic due to its fragile glass. I am still a fan of the fitbit products and went back to my Blaze and Charge 2 but was really disappointing with the quality of the ionic, expected more from their flagship premium product. 

Best Answer

you get replacement screens for your iPhone - that's the difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well one of the sports listed in the ionic under sport is actually doccer (European futbol) so yes it is 8ntended for use whole playing those sports.

Best Answer