Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped working completely

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic has always been finicky (trouble syncing, unable to update, inconsistent call/email/text notifications from phone, etc) but now it won't work at all!  Everything is black!

A few weeks ago I ran it out of battery and now it won't charge (the screen just stays black). I have tried to hold down all combinations of buttons, cleaned the watch and the charger surfaces multiple times, left it on the charger,  etc. but still black!  The Fitbit help chat was unable to remedy the situation (other than suggesting I purchase a new one since I'm just 3 months out of warranty).

Has anyone had any luck with reviving the Ionic from the black screen of death?  I'm days away from switching to Garmin...

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I have the same problem with mine.   Honestly, the answer you got (just buy a new one) is reprehensible and kind of disgustingly predatory from this company.

There are better choices out there.  This product is not very good, and if you read the way the mods respond to queries here in Fitbit Community, you notice that they often literally refuse to acknowledge the obvious issues with the IONIC.

Caveat emptor, eh? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This product isn't very good.  

Look at the threads for like 15 minutes and watch the patterns of the way the mods respond to typical queries involving obvious hardware issues like the super-weak Bluetooth tech, and the many instances of this fitness tracker simply not working (like yours and mine did) and you'll see a trend. They do not admit that the issues are rooted in technical problems arising from corner-cutting in manufacturing and software development.

There are better choices out there.  Caveat emptor, am I right? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heyyyyy, even this forum's UI sucks.  I wrote the first reply to your comment and it was all "there was a problem posting.  Fix highlighted errors" but there was nothing highlighted, so that was impossible. I wrote a new one and there was the original reply, sitting there plain as day, so I guess there was no problem posting it after all.  

In addition, there seems to be no "delete comment" option, so that's nice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes