Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update frequency?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm liking my Ionic, but lots of things are still missing and/or could be improved. I think if fitbit really wants it be a success and have the "early" adopters recommend it to others, they really need to commit to frequent updates and let us, the consumer, know what their plans are. From reading it doesn't seem that they really communicate much what they are working on and when to expect the next update. It seems they just refer to the "request new feature" forum and in that, they rarely reply. I'm hoping to be wrong. What do you think?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

What I love to see from Fitbit it's an roadmap of the software features that they want/plan to implement for the Ionic this year. It will help a lot of people decide if the Ionic is really what they are looking for or hope to be in the future from a software, feature set point of view.

Best Answer

They can't do this because of legal and liability issues. I have seen similar requests from other companies and its never released.. Sometimes they will release teasers but only when they are certain it will be in the next release but this can be unwise for them also.. People always scream and disagree when this is mentioned but I can tell you it is absolutely true. If something has to be pulled it can lead to lawsuits but one of the bigger reasons is how it can affect stocks and share holders

Sense, LG V60 Thinq Android 10, Surface Pro Win 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be nice if someone from Fitbit would chime in on their plans. They could at least say, "We're planning about X firmware updates pr. year, but this can of course change." As it stands now, it's a great fitness tracker, but not much of a smartwatch. It would be nice to be able to tell people asking if they should get one, that I have confidence that it'll be a great smartwatch, in not to long.

Best Answer
0 Votes