Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i have just upgraged from fitbit surge to ionic (surge finally died but was old ) ionic seems to work fine for the most part, however i have an update firmware message constantly despite updating maybe 10 times now ( over wifi and Bluetooth ) says update successfull every time but stills states update firmware. More of a problem is on excercise mode  gps is stuck on searching,  tried moving about, stsying put for ages etc. Very frustrating , welcome any help

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Richierhubarb, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared in your post, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. This seems to be related with the app rather than with the device because it's running the latest firmware version, that said, can you please let me know which phone are you using with your Ionic? When was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? In the meantime I receive your answers, please troubleshoot the Fitbit following the next steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the operating system version of your phone is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

For the GPS issue, please restart your Ionic and check: 

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your prompt reply. The phone i use is a samsung galaxy S10 lite . Ive uninstalled phone app, factory reset watch. Turned phone off. Phone back on, re installed app, search and added watch as a new device, followed update messages succesfully. Watch syncs ok which is all good. But still left with update firmware promt at the top of the screen. I can live with it as it doesn't deem to effect the use of the watch and app ( except maybe gps ) as regards to gps, i have followed advice to sit in the open, clear sky, to repeatedly sync watch to hopefully speed up search,  however still stuck saying searching ( gps ) eventually watch times out and goes back to clock face home screen.

Regards - rich

Best Answer
0 Votes