Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmwareupdate doesn't show on very old firmware (27.32.10.20)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone.

I have a problem with my IONIC.

I haven't used it since a long time, but it seems that it hasn't made an update since purchase... I bought it in late 2019, afaik the installed 32.10.20 is much older?

Anyway. I charged it up, it doesn't start so i restarted it an now it works. But I can't install an Firmwareupdate.

After reading the Help-Section I tried like suggested: I unlinked the IONIC from my account and linked it new via my Android Phone.
It worked and the setup told me that I need to setup WIFI as there is an Firmwareupdate available, so i did but after 12 further hours there is no update done or even available. 

When looking in Windows App or on the Phone there is no Update but the old Firmware. When looking to my Dashboard on the fitbit Website there is no Firmware at all...

How should i proceed? Any hints?

Kind Regards

Christian

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Okay, found another Thread about Update from old Version in which the user says that she has factory-reset it. 

I tried so: Disconnected from account, selected factory-reset from Settingsapp. The IONIC reboots, than says that there was an Error in erasing Data, i should sync and try again.

So I reconnected it to my app - and now it downloads a new Firmware. Seems odd to me, I think that there is an Error when the Version is too different?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't dared to load the firmware update.  When they released this version it destroyed loads of peoples devices and the only 'cure' was to buy a different fitbit.

Oddly enough my fitbit works just fine without the update.  

Best Answer

@MKatze   The same thing happened to me after re-adding an Ionic to an account.  It was seven, yes seven, firmware versions out of date.  I knew from experience that it wouldn't update immediately.  Fitbit is constantly sending out firmware updates to users as devices are added or big updates are released.  Users "get in line" with everyone else and get updates in 24-48 hours.  I didn't get my updates all at once.  They came in two updates over five days or so.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes