Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Ionic Stopped Working during BOSTON Maratho

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit ionic, which I used rigorously for the Boston Marathon 2018 training, FAILED during the actual event. What is advertised as a waterproof and GPS tracker auto-paused every 2-3 minutes beginning on mile 5 of the 26.2. I was unable to watch my splits, unable to accurately factor average pace, and unaware of distance covered aside from the marathon course markers. How devastating to have this happen during the biggest race of the entire year. As many runners know, the conditions were grueling and took a lot of energy to keep moving, so to have the Fitbit not work due to the rain was extremely disheartening. In addition, I chatted with customer service today who provided zero assistance and told me it was an "ongoing bug" that their product failure analysis team was aware of, and that if I wanted an update I could check out the forums. After years of running with Fitbit, I am frustrated and definitely going to transition over to the legitimate GPS running side of Garmin. What a waste. 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

You weren't the only one with Ionic failing to correctly track Boston Marathon:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-vs-Surge-a-runner-s-perspective/m-p/2657329#M49439

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

although not during a marathon mine has failed 4 time and it is only 4 months old

Best Answer
0 Votes