Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Design Flaw?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone, This morning when taping my hands the top right button You might be wondering why I decided taping the side of my watch.As a crossfiter, sometimes I like taping my hands for weightlifting and any stuff in the bar. I wonder if anyone could reproduce this problem. It could be only a defective watch. If so I would return it and get a new one. If not , is this a Design Flaw? That button should not come off that easy. That raises so many questions like how water resistent this watch would be. I have posted a video on YouTube so you guys can watch and maybe try to reproduce it. Let me know your thoughts.  https://youtu.be/Ik9HsIJ6TLU

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Community @Mstinglin! Thanks for sharing the video. I've sent you a PM with further instructions. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi, experiencing similar hardware issue with my ionic as well.  Id like to know what the further instructions you sent to OP were and if they helped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Helo, they were helpful in he way they offered me a replacement or refund. I believe It is a Design Flaw. I would love to have more feedback from other users but no one seemed to care testing it. I decided sticking to my fit blaze and got a full refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I'm not going to test the theory. That crossfit tape is strong enough pull apart almost anything!

@Mstinglin, where are you taping your hands? I wrap my thumbs for hook grip, but that's not close enough to touch any of the buttons.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Didn’t have to use tape, the single button on the other side simple fell off. The key to getting it back on is to find the two tiny red rubber ‘o’ rings back onto the pin before trying to get it back in the hole. But there goes the waterproofing I think. Husband has put it back on twice now and it’s going back to the point of sale. A definite design fault.

@Mstinglinwrote:

Helo, they were helpful in he way they offered me a replacement or refund. I believe It is a Design Flaw. I would love to have more feedback from other users but no one seemed to care testing it. I decided sticking to my fit blaze and got a full refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just noticed the top right button fell off my ionic. I’m not sure when. Can you send me further instructions as well 

does this effect swimming with it at all?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Abigailhunt! If you have SmartTrack to manually track swimming, this shouldn't affect it. The button falling off will just avoid that you won't be able to push it and get the info that this button used to gave you. 

In this case just as the above, I've shared your post with our Support team, keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Same issue just happened on my Ionic Addidas edition, left button just fell out. This was only after about 3 weeks of use. They’re replacing it, but now I’m concerned about quality of this product.

Best Answer
0 Votes