Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic treadmill settings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

I am using the ionic treadmill tracking setting when I do a run on the treadmill. 

How do I get the cues to be set to show how fast I run each mile in a 3 mile run

when I choose customize stats under lap cues I can only choose calories and minutes ?

where is the setting for miles ?

are you able only to do that on A Run setting ??

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Without using FootPOD sensor Ionic isn't able to measure correct distance or speed. It would make such cue useless and giving you false results. Ionic gives you estimates based on your fixed stride which hardly going to be accurate for a cue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hmmm
Not sure that’s accurate.

Ionic is setup to give cues and they may not be completely accurate but they are close and I don’t use a foot pod (not neeeded)

However that being said I am trying to set the cues for miles which I know is an option

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

A simple answer is, there is no such option for Treadmill exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes
But then when tracking and the exercise is complete
What do these cues mean ?
Clearly see 2.07 miles completed at 26 minutes with 12:35 pace
But below is that the pace of each mile ???

Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I never used cues with a treadmill. Actually, I don't use cues at all on Ionic. The numbers you see are just estimates. From what I see in the mobile app, there are only 2 types of cues for the treadmill. The minutes and calories. I don't know how it works, whether cue leaves any mark in the logs ( lap? ) so that's the question to somebody who actually knows that. All I know is that distance in case of a treadmill is just an estimate based on stride and steps. If for example you running and walking on the treadmill ( changing stride length during exercise ) or changing the incline ( it will also affect stride length ) then each mile will be different. Sometimes you would get cue too early, some other times too late because Ionic is unable to know the actual distance on the treadmill ( and any other watch, that's why I mentioned a footpod - the sensor that can pair with some watches to deliver accurate data ). This may be the reason why Fitbit decided not to add such cue type into the settings - not enough data to make the cue accurate enough. After the exercise, you see a summary of everything and I guess it breaks down the estimated distance, too. It sort of makes Fitbit-like twisted sense. Probably moderators could shed some more light here.

Best Answer
0 Votes