Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic - Heart Rate Inaccuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Device: Fitbit Ionic

Mobile Device: Apple iPhone 7

Since the most recent firmware update (Firmware Release 70.7.14), the heart rate component of my Fitbit Ionic has been totally incorrect. In many cases I will be sitting at work and my heart rate will be reading as if I am exercising (130 BPM+). This obviously drives multiple other inaccuracy such as active minutes, calories burned, sleep score etc. because they all stem from the heart rate. 

I've spoke to support and all they've told me is that is is a known issue and is being worked on with no expected resolution date. This response has been incredibly frustrating as the data component (which most of us purchase a fitbit for) is totally useless with no expected resolution in sight. 

Curious to see if others in the community are experiencing this issue and have found ways to work around or resolve?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I have had similar issues.  Spikey HR of over 200.  I am on my third replacement, 2 days in, battery lasts less that 2 days.  I am fed up and have had enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was running on a treadmill with hearth sensing and I noticed my heart rate was a lot higher according to the thread mill. I had tried a few different model of thread milk at the local gym. They are all in the same range. 

Be careful! Or you may end up having a heart attack!

Best Answer
0 Votes