Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic and Support - feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After 2 Ionics in 7 months with varying issues and 3 months of back and forth with support about new multiple issues and being told I had to replace it again I finally had enough and returned my Ionic for a full refund.

The support process with fitbit is terrible, days to reply, replying with useless info most of which didnt even make sense and processes that didnt resolve the problem. They wanted me to wait 3 weeks for a refund if I returned my fitbit directly to fitbit which I thought was a joke.

Anyway, I'm so happy my relationship with fitbit is over and I will never EVER buy their products again.

I'm now using my iphone (health app) to count steps, stairs, distance and feed that data into myfitnesspal for tracking calories. Both do a far better job and are free and I've lost 2.5kgs since using those tools rather than relying on the calorie calculations of the ionic which were RIDICULOUSLY high and clearly using them to determine how much to eat on a day is very misleading and not at all helpful in achieving ones fitness goals.

Bye fitbit, like a **ahem**ty girlfriend I'm so happy to put our relationship behind me and will NEVER buy your products again!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@spandee Welcome to the Community. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ionic and our Support team. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services and Fitbit devices.

Our Support team is always eager to help you. If you still would like to receive a refund, please continue the communication through email, they will continue assisting you. 

Hope you can continue exercising and reaching your exercise goals! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't forget that they continue to close threads before they get to big and people actually realize how HUGE of ab problem this is.  It is very interesting to watch "support" continue to drive their formally loyal customers away.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Silvia,

Unfortunately the Fitbit return process wasnt helpful at all so I returned the device directly to the store where I bought it from for an on the spot refund, in cash which was a far better option than waiting 3 weeks for fitbit to process a refund and then send me a e-gift card for the purchase amount.

Whilst the support team may be "eager" to assist, unfortunately the slowness of their response and lack of useful, working processes leaves your customers feeling like they are merely a front to make you feel as frustrated as possible with getting issues fixed and then eventually giving up...which is how I felt many times in the months I was working with the support team.

You need to do better, in this case your support team and returns process has lost you a customer for life.

Best Answer

Yes, they closed one of the other threads i started where I was trying to share my frustrations with support and the device...they quoted that the pst was not "helping" other fitbit users...pretty much the same as any response received from fitbit support which doesnt help their customers.

Best Answer