Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic delayed sleep tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This problem may be something I'm doing wrong LOL - I had the same problem with my Samsung Gear S2. When I go to bed the Fitbit Ionic will delay my sleeping for about 2 to 4 hours. I went to bed at 9:30pm last night and the tracker didn't detect I was sleeping until 12:30am. The Fitbit Ionic (and the Samsung Gear S2) seem to be really accurate when I wake up however.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There was a suggestion in the versa forum saying the watch needs to be tighter around the wrist and it should log the start/end time of your sleep. I tried that last night and it worked. It tracked the exact time I went to sleep and woke up. 

I wonder if it needs to be tighter so it can read your pulse better maybe? 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I am noticing the same thing with my Versa, but not 4 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this doesn't resolve the issue but tonight I'm going to manually set the sleep act when I go to bed and see if it registers the exact time I start to sleep and the exact time I end sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Manually starting and ending the sleep session worked. So this means that the Ionic just can't tell when I'm laying down from sitting down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The ionic looks atat moveme and the heart rate to determine sleep.

Your Ionic is not able to detect the orentatiori of your body, while it is on the arm. The ionic simply is looking for changes in speed (acceleration), and when still simply knows that the unit is not changing direction or speed. In theory it could be on the ISS circling the globe every 40 minutes and not know it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was a suggestion in the versa forum saying the watch needs to be tighter around the wrist and it should log the start/end time of your sleep. I tried that last night and it worked. It tracked the exact time I went to sleep and woke up. 

I wonder if it needs to be tighter so it can read your pulse better maybe? 

Best Answer
0 Votes