Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic doesn't count steps correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FitBit was working fine. 3 days ago it started to counting steps wrong. At 11 AM it showed 0 steps and didn't counting steps at all. I re started Fitbit and added 765 steps manually using this site. Before I started my exercise at Noon the Fitit showed 995 steps. I put FitBit on Workout exercise mode.I know my exercise is approx. 4250 steps. And it was counting OK. After exercise finished I log it using my FitBit. The total steps were closer to 5000. Fitbit tracked heart bit and calories OK. After approx. 30 min the logged steps disappeared. Fitbit showed only 997 steps (that I had prior the exercise). But info for calories stayed correct. Even 11 floor climbing info stayed. Time for exercise 39 min recorded also. Fitbit continuing counting steps from 997. Today I just wake up and see that I already made 825 steps - steps were made at midnight. I am not a sleepwalker :). Wrong counting. I tried to find an answer at forums, but only advise were - 1. re start Fitbit (I did it), 2. Un pair other devises for correct steps counting. I have paired wireless ear buds "Magicbuds". My Fitbit was working fine for 6 months with them connected with my phone via Bluetooth while I was exercising and Fitbit was counting steps fine. What is the sense to disconnect them for correct counting of steps? I need to listen my music for exercise. And it was working fine. Probably something happened after recent firmware update. Please help. Tamara

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Try restarting your Ionic several times in a row. If that doesnt help do a factory reset (settings app on the Ionic and scroll down to About) If that doesnt help you will need to contact Support (link in my signature )

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hey there @Poofik, it's nice to see you around the forums! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience with your step count on your Fitbit Ionic, nice way to go! 

Hmmm... as per the description of your post, it seems that the issue is coming after manually logging the activities. Typically, your data will be recalculated if you manually log an activity as the manually logged activity takes precedence over the steps you tracked while wearing your tracker at that point in time. For example, if I am wearing my tracker and walking and I reach 10,000 steps, then I go to the computer and manually log an activity that starts and ends at that point in time for say 1 hour, Fitbit will calculate how many steps you took and it may bring my step count to something below 10,000 steps. To clarify, activities should only be manually logged when you forget to wear your Fitbit.

Last but not least, you remembered to me a similar situation I had in the past. I manually logged an activity but I entered the wrong time period for that activity so everything was a messed, because instead of entering 4 hours I put 40 lol, so you can imagine that.

So, in order for both of us to figure out where the issue is coming from, would you like to post me your Activity History (click here to go there). See my activity history below (I'm posting the picture I want from you):

activityhistory.png

In the meantime, I'd like you to check this post of mine to get more information about the accuracy of your Fitbit. 

Thanks for your recommendations @NellyGWoman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer