Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic first 24 hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firstly I wasn’t sure if the correct colour had been put in the Charcoal box as the grey metal isn’t as dark as the promo pictures. But after a check of a few Instagram posts, it’s correct, but sadly all quite a light grey. 

Things I like:

The size. It’s greatly thinner than my Surge. Nowhere near as bulky and it’s actually  lot nicer looking than in the photos. 

The touch screen. Very responsive much better than they’ve the Surge whichever I felt like Had to press and swipe rather than just swipe. 

Strava integration. A great idea and has lots of data available I on the watch. When you finish your run with Fitbit you need to sync via the phone for the run to show up on the strava Ionic app. Bit annoying. 

Countdown timer. Why wasn’t there this on CHARGE 2? I returned it for that reason. 

Things I dislike...

Wallet. For the UK I’m pretty sure this will never happen. If it’s cool not available at launch, then id expect a date of when it will be available. But nothing. It will never happen. Lazy. 

Music. For the UK we don’t have pandora. We also don’t have have MP3’s anymore. So taking that into account account, is there a date for Spotify integration? No. It will never happen. 

Heart rate. Jury is still out, see below post...

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

I tried the Ionic side-by-side with the Surge, side-by-side with an iPhone 6 plus running Strava with a Wahoo TickrX for heartrate.

GPS was vastly worse on the Surge, no contest, bad. The Ionic was 10 metres off the iPhone in terms of distance over 7km, which is great. I can put up with that.

The heartrate seems to have hugely improved on the Ionic. I reset to factory setting, deleted the Fitbit app, etc etc. Everything I can do to start again. Very close to the TickrX.

Distance

Ionic 7.09 KM

Surge 6.85 KM

iPhone 6+ 7.0 KM

Average HR

Ionic 152 BPM (peak 174)

Surge 139 BPM

TickrX 151 BPM (peak 174)

Steps

Ionic 5689

Surge 5667

Tickr X can't find that out.

Pace avg

Ionic 4'46"

Surge 4'57"

iPhone 4'35"

Worth noting that Strava on iPhone auto-pauses when the phone is raised, so for the briefest of seconds, as I was checking all three devices, there were some auto pauses - so that 7.0 KM on iPhone was maybe 7.something.... I'm going to run again with all three tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes