Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic logging steps when not in use

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Ionic logs steps constantly even when I am not wearing the device. When I do wear it the step count continues and within hours the battery is dead and need charging.  I have factory reset the watch and recalibrated it but the issue persists. Is this a hardware fault with the pedometer?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Entr0py Welcome to our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the steps tracking and battery draining issues that your Fitbit Ionic has experienced. By the way, thank you for trying to get it resolved before contacting our forums.

Please restart your Fitbit Ionic as described in this help article. After this, try the tips that are listed in this help page in order to improve the battery life of your Fitbit device.

Finally, monitor your Ionic during the next 24 hours and see if it stops tracking steps when not in use and the battery doesn't drain fast.

Hope this helps.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JuanJo,

Resetting again to factory settings has stopped the constant step count but now it’s not logging anything. The calibration does not complete. It’s as if the sensors are no longer working. I no longer see the green laser light. No step, stairs or heart beat is registering at all.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes