Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic not displaying pulse rate and step count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 

My Fitbit Ionic is not displaying heart rate and step count. I shutdown and started it but didn't help. Firmware version is 27.32.10.20. Please help ! 

Thanks

NP

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Just in case you have not yet make sure you reset too, Push and hold Both the left Button and Lower right until the Logo appears Hope that helps good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MaddogWLV  does reset mean factory reset ? Will I lose data ? Please let me know. Thanks !

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a reset on Fitbit Ionic by simultaneously pressing left button and lower right button. Fitbit icon appeared. It didn't appear to fix the issue. It still does not display heartrate and steps. Is there anything else I can try ? Please let me know.

Thanks

walker_fan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Often the quick fix ideas are the restart and shut down -> turn back on options.  Then a reset back to factory with firmware update as a last resort.  But note if you do the last one you will lose some data and will have to add everything back in.  Some have noted it can brick their device so proceed at your own risk.

I have personally done the reset to new a couple of times and it was ok for me.  Failing that would call the number below and tell them exactly your situation and what you have done.  If your watch is deemed defective Fitbit should replace if it falls under their warranty.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Thanks for giving the number for Fitbit tech support. Tech support asked me to pick a new clock face for Ionic. I installed a new clock face from my iphone and the issue was resolved. It now shows hear rate and step count. 

Also Fitbit app on iphone showed an update was pending for Fitbit OS 3.0. I started installing Fitbit OS 3.0. It could take couple of hours to complete. Thanks a lot to tech support for timely assistance. 

Regards,

walker_fan 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for giving the number for Fitbit tech support. Tech support asked me to pick a new clock face for Ionic. I installed a new clock face from my iphone and the issue was resolved. It now shows hear rate and step count.”

Yeah.  This Ionic is somewhat buggy.  Doing these workarounds are sometimes necessary to get the thing to work properly again.  Should not happen in the first place.  But it is what it is.  Many report on here how frustrated they are.  For me am lucky my replacement is working for the most part.  My first one was a dud.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since Jan 1, 2019 something went haywire with my watch after the year change:

1. It is continually counting steps even when sitting and even when watch is removed and left on nightstand.  This is grossly exaggerating my steps for the day.

2. Heart rate is often not displaying or shows 100-120 range while wearing it at rest.

3. Watch restarts itself often and display will not shut off rapidly draining the fully charged battery in less than a day.

4. Could not wear it to sleep because it would continually vibrate and light up the display with the home or restart icons waking me up.

Please note, this watch was working perfectly until the new year changed.

I have tried resetting and restarting it, and this has not resolved the issues.

It just warned me of an error with the face clock and recommended I change the face clock to another.  I did so and my synced iPhone initially could not connect to the watch advising me to turn the watch on, even though it was actively syncing my steps in realtime.  It eventually connected and changed the face clock, but my issues persist.  I restarted the watch and issues still persist.  Watch has been on latest firmware release and has not been damaged.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes