Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic only a month old and battery went flat now it won’t charge or switch on at all tried to do factory reset what next? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity. 

Best Answer
83 REPLIES 83

Here I am again without my tracker. Ionic is totally dead won't charge again. I always get my notification after my watch is completly dead. I have had problems since day 1 with this. This is my third fitbit and my last. Fitbit is trash.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @SunsetRunner! 

Let me help you with your inquiry. Before we move on could you please try performing these charging tips? If you're still getting trouble feel free to post here so I can give you the next steps. 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

@Cli777 wrote:

Ionic only a month old and battery went flat now it won’t charge or switch on at all tried to do factory reset what next? 

Contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

My Ionic did the same thing.  Customer Support was very helpful and sent a replacement.  However, the replacement will not hold a watch band (from fitbit).  I am on the line with Fitbit now trying to resolve this.  Initially, I was so happy with the Ionic.  Finally one that was waterproof, counted my laps and had a band that stayed secure.  I ordered one for my husband, son, and daughter for a total of 4.  My son-in-law's is now having battery issues.  Ionic has the potential to be a great device, but I would not recommend buying one until they work the kinks out i.e. resolve the battery and watch band connection issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic is not charging at all . I bought it on the 27th of may from Flipkart . The customer care no is not reachable . Kindly guide me about the process of the exchange 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This may be a problem. Flipkart is not on fitbit's list of authorised retailers at www.fitbit.com/retailers so it will not be covered by fitbit's warranty. The full terms are at https://www.fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty

In these cases the usual course of action is to contact the retailer and go through their returns policy. Do you have any other ways of trying to do this?

Have you tried going through fitbit's troubleshooting guide for charging problems at: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1190/

It might be worth contacting fitbit's customer support to see if they can help in any way: contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Ionic will turn on when plugged in, shows full battery in app (and has been plugged in for hours), had shown 82% when I pulled it off for a minute and now only shows 0% and charging. Take off charge and shuts down. Can not reset it manually. Any ideas? This is my second one they’ve sent me. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic was low on battery yesterday so I charged it for a bit; it was at 82% when I removed it and it immediately died.  It will only turn on when plugged in and now shows 0% for the charging. When I remove it; it dies.  When plugged in; it has full functionality.  I cannot get the ionic to manually restart.  Any ideas? This is my second Ionic as the first one also crashed and they sent me a refurbished one.

Best Answer

After reading the other similar thread and trying those items; Fitbit is sending me a refurbished one (hopefully third time is a charm)!

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @SunsetRunner! Hmmm... this is a strange behavior.

As per the description, it seems that it has insufficient power source. Have you tried charging it at least 1 hour? Even if you don't get anything on the screen I'd recommend charging your tracker at least 1 hour to see if the battery icon comes up after that period of time.

Charging fully takes up to 2 hours. While the watch charges, you can tap the screen or press any button to check the battery level. 

User-added image

If after the 1-2 hours you don't get anything on the display, check if the contacts on your tracker or charging cable are not dirty. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Try cleaning them by following these instructions.

How do you charge your buddy? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

If so, plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 

Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the watch until attaches magnetically.

I'd also try restarting your Ionic once more by following these steps

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Screen is black wont charge only 6 months old

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried restarting it several times? Restart your tracker

If that doesnt help try a factory reset using the buttons. If that doesnt help you will need to contact Support (link in my signature ) Let us know how you go 

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My Ionic has not been charging for the past 24 hours -  shows 0%, and won't charge.  I tried to reset the Ionic, but it won't reset.  I tried turning off my phone and back on, and no change.  I have tried wall charge and USB on computer - nothing.  Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

While on a European vacation my Fitbit stopped working last week. I set a personal high of just over 25,000 steps on a Friday and when I woke up the next morning my Fitbit was off. When I went to bed it was charged about 50%. I put it on the charger and it still would not turn on. After about an hour on the charger it finally turned on but I only saw the Fitbit startup symbol. I could not swipe the screen, see the time, nothing. When I got home on Sunday I fully charged my Fitbit and it turned on yay and it seemed to be working. I took the dogs for a walk came back and my battery was at 38% after only 45 minutes. After about another hour it was completely dead. Charged again after 2 hours completely dead again. Typically a charge would last 4-5 days depending on my gps usage. My Fitbit is only about 6 months old and it is very disappointing that it is already broken. Has anyone else had this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Forgot to mention that I have tried turning off and turning back on us resetting to factory settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would still say you should contact Support at this point.  Even if you have it on "All Day Sync" and "Always Connected", your battery shouldn't be draining that fast.

By the way, if you have those options turned on your app, you may want to consider turning them off, as these options have been known to drain your battery.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Those options are both turned off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic died exactly this way after 6 months and support refused to warranty it. 6 months is too short a life for a $300 watch 😞

Best Answer

Hi, Hopefully someone can help me!

I received my Ionic on Friday 6/29 as a gift. It took me about 24 hours to get it charged and set up ( had many issues booting it up the first time and updating the firmware) It worked on Sunday, and Monday but then on Tuesday I realized I was having trouble syncing with my app on the phone. The following day I realized the time was off by 10 minutes... then an hour later it was off by over an hour... then I restarted it by pushing the left button and bottom right button and I saw the fitbit symbol, and it went black.. then for the next 24 hours or so it continued to restart itself, but never showed the clock face just black, then restart. My phone can no longer find the fitbit so I can't factory reset on the watch or change the clock face to see if that it is. Now it keeps telling me it is at 0% battery, but it won't charge. I have tried all of the following:

wiping the back of fitbit
plugging into multiple chargers/outlets

plugging into computer

hard restart

restarting my phone

turning my phones bluetooth off and on

Please let me know if there is anything else I can try!
Thanks,
Katie

Best Answer
0 Votes