Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Over Counting Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The step counter is total garbage with the Ionic. I take 6 steps and it registered 15. I took 20 steps and it registered 43. For as much money as this is, you would think it would be more accurate. A cheap pedometer is more accurate than this, and it doesn’t seem like there is a fix for it. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Jerett It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding the step counter on your Ionic and for sharing the experience you are currently having with it. 

There are a couple of things you can try in order to sort this out:

1. Measure and adjust your stride length
  2. Check the dominant hand settings:
  • The dominant wrist setting decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving.
  • The non-dominant wrist setting increases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any under counting of steps. Non-dominant is the default.

To change your settings, in the Fitbit app go to Account tab and choose your device at the top of the screen. Feel free to check this accuracy help article for more details on this.

If it keeps being inaccurate; please perform a restart on your watch. This should refresh its inner components and sort this out for you.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes