Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic not turning on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic turned itself off about 3 hours ago and won’t turn back on. App tells me battery was at 91% on last sync. I’ve tried the back and bottom left buttons for over 10 seconds, holding all 3, etc. — no response. It won’t charge with either of my chargers and the green LEDs are off. Did it just brick itself somehow? Or is there something else I can try?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Musclecat, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared. To resolve this issue, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hi @Musclecat, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared. To resolve this issue, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but no luck. Followed the Fitbit help suggestions, some other things found on Reddit and YouTube. After looking around some more here it seems that a lot of us are experiencing the same problem. Guess I’ve reached the end of the road.

Good luck to the rest of you, and farewell!

Best Answer

My son's Ionic won't charge. If I plug the charge cable in it shows charging and i can access all menus and options, but it does not charge even if left plugged in overnight. I have reset / held the 3 buttons in and used the same charger to charge my Ionic so charger is fine. The contacts are all clean - the device shows charging but stays on 0% - any other fixes out there? My daughter and wife both had the same issue with their Ionics and returned them for a refund and bought Apple watches, I would prefer to get this issue resolved!

Best Answer

Same problem here. My fitbit battery was on 96%, then I notice it lagging. All of a sudden it got stuck on the fitbit logo screen. Took me about 5hrs to get it to shut down by pressing the back and bottom buttons. Only now it won't turn on or charge no matter what I try.

Really frustrating as this one was a replacement sent out to me only six months ago.

Best Answer

My sons just wont charge - comes on when connected to charger and says charging but turns off as soon as i disconnect the charger from the watch. Same charger works fine with my Ionic!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. Mine shut down during a training run, most inopportune timing. No sign of life. It won't charge, no lights, and my app can't find a device. I've had the watch for less than six months, quite disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, put it on charge last night, now no signs of life, tried everything. 

It's not been the same since the last two updates, battery life halved after the recent firmware update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Decided that I wasn’t going to bother with calling in since everyone is getting the same 25% off a replacement response. I was interested but found too many threads where replacement Ionics get bricked. Ordered a Garmin Venu to replace it this morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had issues with my ionic, they sent a replacement and it crapped out too. So that’s two $250 products in less than a year and a half and all they are offering is a 25% discount to replace it. NOT PLEASED! 

Best Answer

Yeah my wife and daughter both had the same issue with theirs, they tok them back to the supplier, got a refund and bought apple watches! My son and I like the features of the fitbit app so decided to keep ours, so now they are out of warranty and his has gone belly up as well, that is 3 out of 4 Ionics which does not paint a pretty picture for Fitbit as a company!

Best Answer

Hi Ricardo - any fixes for this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I heard many people got same complains.

My Ionic suddenly does not turr on any more.... A got Software Update a few weeks ago, since then many times, I faced Black Screen and Ionic seems not works and later it started to work.  Today, my Ionic suddenly Back Screen and even Forced Reset, it does not help.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with mine and have tried everything. I tried three different outlets, my USB hub on my laptop, checked my charging brick, cleaned my charger and my Fitbit, held down the left button, the left and top right and all three buttons and have gotten zero response. I left it charging for the last 4 hours and absolutely zero lights have come on. Very disappointed. Haven't even had it a full year yet...

Best Answer

Hi Ricardo,

It tried to restart but the screen is blank. The Ionic is died. I charged 100% in the morning and within 6 hours, the battery went flat. When I try charging it again, the watch has not response yet the back of the watch is warm. The watch is not responding at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is my second ionic. After issues with it not turning on I was sent a replacement face and now after a year it has started doing the same thing...not good at all

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did not work for me. Still black screen but it was just charged and said 100%

Best Answer
0 Votes

This keeps happening to me, too

Best Answer
0 Votes