Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic shuts down (crashes?) all the time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the last month, I've noticed that my FitBit Ionic shuts down multiple times a day. I assume that it crashed? The battery is full, and when I restart it, the watch time is not correct, and needs to by synced with my phone again to get things going. Today, in the middle of my long run, it randomly shut down, killing my ability to measure my time.

This is the last straw in a long list of major and minor glitches like syncing irregularities. I'm going to return this product back to REI where I bought it from....This product is not ready for prime-time. It feels more like an Alpha release with a lot of bugs to iron out yet... What a disappointment, because I was so excited with all the cool features like FitBit Pay, VO2Max, Sleep cycle info etc....

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry to hear it is not working for you, @Balsara.  Have you contacted Fitbit Support on this issue to see if it can be corrected?  The only time I have had problems with my Ionic crashing is when I am using the MultiSport Exercise Modes, but it alway restarts it after the crashes. But, if yours is randomly crashing, you should contact support to see if they can help resolve this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I contacted support. They had me do a factory reset.... It crashed the next day again...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic crasht last night while I was a sleep. When I woke up I had a black screen and did not response. When I did the reset at 8am I saw the time on the screen 3.12 am  (when it crasht)  That was also the last time it sync as I could see in the app. So sleep only registerd till 3.12 AM. I have the latest firmware update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same over here! Ionic crashes all the time. If I send email to support they say just restart it multiple times and it should work again!!! Guess what! NO it doesnt.

Best Answer