Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic stopped working - blank sceen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey there,

I got my fitbit about 3 weeks ago.  I have the Fitbit Ionic using Firmware Version 27.32.10.20.  I have a full battery and last sinked my Ionic an hour ago.  I just checked the time and its not working.  I've tried the button, but there is no response.  The green light on the back of the watch is still working.  Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Sam

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Try restarting your device by pressing and holding the left button and bottom right button together for 15 secs (until you see the fitbit logo). Hopefully this will fix things. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for your response.  It still doesn't work - screen is blank.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have to say I too have had an Ionic for precisely 3 weeks - waterproof....went for a swim in the sea for a couple of hours and then it stopped working - not waterproof then.

I spoke to support and went through all the reset options, even sending them a video to show what I was doing......no good - please return and we will send you a new one.

They received it last Friday, they have confirmed they have received it and yet they cannot send me another until their warehouse confirms receipt.....up to 5 days.....but they confirmed they received it!!!!

So in short 2nd new fitbit returned to them.....100% failure rate then and awful customer services - which I had stayed with Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sammysurfs wrote:

Thanks for your response.  It still doesn't work - screen is blank.

In that case I think your only option is to contact support. They will be able to discuss your warranty options with you. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

This happened to me so I did the restart thing and it works now. We'll see how long it lasts. Sorry it didn't work for you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, just did this and it worked for me.

Richard

Best Answer
0 Votes

This also happened to my ionic i have returned it, it has been received but i am still waiting for a replacement. I have emailed everyday and all the response is we are dealing with and will dispatch shortly. It has been 13 days and still not dispatched. They have also refused a refund for me to purchase a replacement the watch is less than 1 yr old they can only refind apparently if it stops working within 45 days of purchase. Quite bad customer service given the size of the company! I must say im a bit lost without a watch!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, it's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with the Fitbit Ionic

@Traceyp001 I contacted the Customer Support and your replacement has been processed. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

@richharris55 I'm glad to hear that your Ionic is working fine again, thanks for the update.

If any of you experience the same situation, please perform a restart by following these steps.

Please don't hesitate to contact us at any moment, we will be happy to help.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes