Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic vs Samsung Gear Fit 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I am deciding between buying Fitbit Ionic and Samsung Gear Fit 2. I am trying to understand general differences between the two except obviously being by different company 😉

One thing which is not clear to me is what am getting with Fitbit Ionic for extra price? Both of them are smart and support apps (ofc there is the difference between the quality of apps between samsung and fitbit generally) and Ionic has NFC payments. 

Does anyone of you were deciding between the two and went with Fibit Ionic , if so why?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey Marko,

I briefly owned a Samsung Gear Fit 2 prior to buying my Ionic.

1.) I have found GPS on the Ionic is far better and more consistent than the Gear Fit 2.  Both tracked my cycle rides no problem but the Gear Fit 2 generated spikes in route mapping and inaccurately recorded distances when tracking my walks.

2.) The Gear Fit 2 did not record heart rate data during cycling activities due to an issue that Samsung had not resolved for more than six months.  Whenever I cycled my heart rate readings flatlined giving me no data on the intensity of my exercise, although the heart rate feature worked fine with walks. 

3) The Samsung Gear Fit 2 did not provide a step count for GPS tracked walks just mileage for distance and other metrics.

4) The Samsung App is okay to use and syncing is brilliant with a Samsung phone,  but if you want to record a daily food log and compared calories burned and calories eaten you have to use a third-party App like MapMyFitness (which has a monthly subscription for Premium features), whereas a food log and calorie analysis is integrated in the Fitbit App.

Finally, the Samsung Gear Fit 2 needed charging every day with moderate use of GPS and other smartwatch features, whereas my Ionic lasts 2 days with the same level of activity and features.

I hope this helps.

Marc

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome on board @Marko3! Thanks for your question. We recommend checking out our comparison page at https://www.fitbit.com/compare, where you can see at a glance the features that each tracker provides. 

Here is what Fitbit Ionic offers:

HealthFeatures.png

SmartFeatures.png

smartfeatures2.png

Additionally, here are some sources to find more detailed information about Fitbit Ionic:

Please let me know if you have a question our comparison page doesn't answer and I'll be happy to get you the information you need.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hey Marko,

I briefly owned a Samsung Gear Fit 2 prior to buying my Ionic.

1.) I have found GPS on the Ionic is far better and more consistent than the Gear Fit 2.  Both tracked my cycle rides no problem but the Gear Fit 2 generated spikes in route mapping and inaccurately recorded distances when tracking my walks.

2.) The Gear Fit 2 did not record heart rate data during cycling activities due to an issue that Samsung had not resolved for more than six months.  Whenever I cycled my heart rate readings flatlined giving me no data on the intensity of my exercise, although the heart rate feature worked fine with walks. 

3) The Samsung Gear Fit 2 did not provide a step count for GPS tracked walks just mileage for distance and other metrics.

4) The Samsung App is okay to use and syncing is brilliant with a Samsung phone,  but if you want to record a daily food log and compared calories burned and calories eaten you have to use a third-party App like MapMyFitness (which has a monthly subscription for Premium features), whereas a food log and calorie analysis is integrated in the Fitbit App.

Finally, the Samsung Gear Fit 2 needed charging every day with moderate use of GPS and other smartwatch features, whereas my Ionic lasts 2 days with the same level of activity and features.

I hope this helps.

Marc

Best Answer

Thanks @Marc_PL, this response has been useful., although I did not have problems with point 1 and 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes