Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit No Longer Supporting MP3??!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I've had a playlist on my Ionic for quite sometime.  I decided to update it recently.  My process for doing this is:

• Ensure Ionic is connected to Wifi (same 2.4Ghz Wifi band as my laptop).
  • Copy all the songs I want out of iTunes into a physical desktop folder.
  • Open Fitbit app on Windows 10 Pro.
  • Connect Ionic, sync.
  • On the Ionic go into Music and enable 'Transfer Media'
  • On the laptop I go to Media>Personal Storage
  • Deleted old playlist.
  • Try and add music to new playlist.

I have 19 songs I want to add.  For some reason only 7 songs transfer.

I check to see what songs have not transferred, the 7 songs that have gone across are .M4A files.

The 12 that haven't gone across are all .MP3 files.  See screenshot evidence below.

I guess Fitbit no longer supports .MP3 files then?  I thought the .MP3 files might be corrupt but some are from CD's some are from iTunes.  I thought maybe there is some unreadable tags data, so I ran them through a converter and cleared the tag data.  Still no good, I have tried rebooting both the laptop, phone, watch and tried several times to no avail.

If Fitbit discontinue support of MP3 then they need to at least offer as part of the app some sort of conversion tool to allow us to get the audio into a good quality format that your software recognises.

evidence.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

And I've just proved it, converted all the MP3 files to M4A and they synced straight away.  Well done Fitbit, why on earth would you remove one of the most common audio file types from your app support?  If you are going to do that then maybe put in an error message like 'unable to support MP3' or if you were really good software designers it should be able to automatically convert it to the correct file type on upload.

m4a.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anybody from Fitbit want to clarify this?  The Mp3 files were 320kbps, Stero files?

Best Answer