Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit | OS/Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey Fitbit Community,

I was wondering is there some Ionic Users out there that haven't received the Fitbit Firmware update to 70.7.14? I haven't received it and I'm wondering what's the timeline to receive it and also, is this something unique to me? Is there a reason on my end that I haven't received it?

Thanks! 

#LoveFitbit  #FirstPost

Michigan | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @SM4849 and welcome to the community!  As regards the firmware rollout, it's at 100% so everybody eligible should have received it.  Can you check what version your Ionic is currently on and also what phone OS/Fitbit app version you have please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner,

I don't mean to doubt you, I'm just curious, how do you know it's 100 percent out?

In regards to my Fitbit Firmware version, I'm running Version 27.33.1.30

As to the App version, I'll have to check that later.... I don't have access to my fitbit app right now. (It's on a different computer)

Michigan | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

O.K. @SunsetRunner, my Fitbit app (Windows 10) version is the latest one 2.44.1997. It looks to me like I should be able to receive the firmware update, any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Michigan | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

So do you not have the Fitbit app on a phone at all?  If you only have the app on a computer you cannot update the tracker that way as the PC app does not have the option to do that.  

The firmware for the Versa 2 and Ionic are released in tandem and if you look here Versa 2 firmware update it clearly states it has reached 100% rollout.  In fact the V2 has had another update since and also as the latest Ionic firmware was released back in December 2019 it certainly won't take 4 months to fully rollout!!  Also is your Ionic an Adidas Ionic or the normal one as the Adidas one can be a bit slow when updating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the regular tracker.

I was able to update to the firmware I have now with my computer app.... Are you sure this isn't the case with the current firmware update?

Michigan | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I stand corrected!! apologies it never used to be the case as you had to use the separate Fitbit connect app to update and to be fair I rarely if ever use the PC app.  

Can you try to remove the Ionic from your account, sign out then sign in again, setup the Ionic again and check again for an update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem! I really appreciate your help @SunsetRunner.

As to removing my ionic from my account, will that erase all my stored data? I know that @MattFitbit said not to factory reset your ionic in order to receive the update here. I hope removing the ionic from my account would retain my data...

Again, I really appreciate your help and hope this can be resolved soon.

Michigan | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same situation as the original poster.

Previously I've updated with Windows 10 app just fine, but now I'm stuck at the same firmware level. I also just installed the fitbit app on my phone, but it's not updating either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No removing it will not lose any data, whereas a factory reset would and even then only the data that has yet to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

O.K. @SunsetRunner, I just disconnected my ionic from my account and connected it again. Still didn't show a banner to upgrade the firmware. I even clicked the button that said, "Check for Ionic Update" And it said, "Your Ionic is up to date" It isn't! I double checked.

I'm not sure where to go from here?....

Michigan | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

The one thing I must say is, when I disconnected the ionic from my account, the only data I lost was the sleep data. For some reason all of my sleep data that was in-depth data (i.e. REM, Deep, Light) was lost and all my sleep data reverted to simple sleep data... Kind of bummed about that.... 😞 Other than that, I didn't have any problems...

Michigan | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

that's strange about the sleep data. maybe it'll come back in time.  Have you tried updating it again yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have and it says, my Ionic is up to date, which is wrong.... Again, I'm not sure what to do..... 

Michigan | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

BTW, the sleep data came back in the in-depth form Thanks!

I just checked for an update again. Still says I'm up to date when I'm not.

Michigan | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you manually check for updates? I don't see that option anywhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @someguy121 if using the PC app it's here

markw47_0-1584952133527.png

or via the app here:

markw47_1-1584952331987.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

O.K. @SunsetRunner, I just removed my Ionic from my account and then I set it up again. It still is saying my Ionic is up to date when it's very clearly not. It's still running version 27.33.1.30. I'm not sure what to do, I contacted fitbit customer support, but the wait time is longer.... Any other ideas?

Michigan | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Short of a factory reset no.  If you do decide to try that make sure you sync first so any data on the Ionic is not lost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.

I tried that but it says I'm "up to date" when I'm clearly not. Actually I don't think it really checks for anything, because when I click to check for an update it instantly tells me I'm up to date. Like it tells me I'm up to date so fast, it couldn't have been actually checking.

Is there any way to force an update? The Fitbit software on my android and PC both don't recognize there's a newer version out there.

Best Answer
0 Votes