Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay/Revolut - Ireland

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I note Fitbit pay is now compatible with Revolut  (MasterCard) in Ireland. However, Revolut issues Visa cards (not Mastercards) in Ireland - can Fitbit Pay be made compatible with the Revolut Visa card also?  Please advise if this is something tat is in progress.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just as an update, revolut (non premium) started working with FITBIT Pay and Garmin Pay last week. I have successfully added my revolut cards to both. 

happy days 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hi @Redhurlingcat, good to see you in the community.

I have also tried adding my Revolut card to Fitbit pay without success. You are correct in pointing out that the physical card issued is a Visa card (although I think some are Mastercard). If you apply for a virtual card within the app it issues it as a Mastercard (although I haven't been able to add this in Fitbit pay), perhaps you could give that a try and see if it works for you?

I believe the issue is more to do with Revolut themselves, so it may be worth contacting them. From what I understand the same applies with Google pay, only the Mastercard can be added (although in this case the virtual card can be used). Hopefully this is something they are working to resolve.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have just looked into this and the Revolut virtual card option offered to me is also Visa. I contacted Revolut and it advised the type of card is dependent on your jurisdiction and cannot be changed (Ireland apparently is Visa).  It seems counter intuitive that Fitbit Pay would add Revolut MasterCard as an option for Ireland when Revolut does not issue Mastercards in Ireland (to the best of my knowledge). I can't see how it would be a major issue for Fitbit to allow us use the Visa option ....although that's just my opinion and not based on any fact!

This is very frustrating and I am getting close to retiring my Ionic and moving to Garmin I'm afraid.  Smiley Sad

Thanks again for the reply though

C

Best Answer

Same problem here in Portugal.

Revolut states that cards are issued randomly or with some criteria that help desk could not state.

My card is a VISA and so I am not able to use Fitbit Pay.

Fitbit should resolve this issue as to the best of my knowledge Portuguese users cannot use Fitbit Pay.

Best Answer

Just as an update, revolut (non premium) started working with FITBIT Pay and Garmin Pay last week. I have successfully added my revolut cards to both. 

happy days 

Best Answer

Not in Ireland unfortunately as we are issued Visa Revolut cards

Best Answer
0 Votes

See my post before. I'm in Ireland it it works with Revolut visa (non premium) 

For. Fitbit and garmin now 

Best Answer

I have the same problem in Sweden. Can't get my revolut card to connect to my Fitbit pay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Albin_ A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate that you mentioned you're in Sweden. Please try the following troubleshooting: 

- Restart your watch 

- Restart the Bluetooth on your phone 

- Force quit the Fitbit app 

- Try again 

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to say that it did not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Albin_ Thank you for getting back. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will reply to you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried setting up Revolut and got the message that it’s not supported. Odd given that a lot if those with Fitbit would use Revolut socially when out and about?

maybe Ireland is just too small a market for them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

since I can't add my credit card I installed and configured revolut as the help page from fitbit pay suggest.

But when adding the virtual visa card I still get the message, that the bank isn't supported. 

I tried now with several credit cards from different banks and services. 

none of them are working with fitbit pay. 

Best Answer

@TReynacc @ElinaH A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. Your reports and feedback are appreciated, I will pass this information along. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, is Revolut still working for you? I reset my versa 3 and now can't setup my Visa Revolut with fitbit pay 😞 (I'm in Ireland too btw)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am in Ireland I have a fitbit versa and a revolut.

They used to work together quite well but since this time last year April 2020, it stopped working. 

Does anyone know why? My card works fine when I tap it, just a pain having to take it out with me. 

Best Answer

Have you had any luck with support? Having the same issue here, it's not just you! 

Best Answer

Hi Dunners,

So if you use the virtual card it works fine.

Has for me since I connected them..

Hope that works for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

I'm facing the same issue, I'm in Ireland and I cannot add my Revolut card (Visa).

It seems that the issue remains and it hasn't been fixed although it has been around for a while now.

Do we have an update for it that could resolve the problem?

P.S. I followed all the suggested steps but nothing worked.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem.

I've a new charge 5 and am having the same issue. I cannot add my virtual revolut Credit Card (Error: looks like we don't support this card for use with Fitbit Pay...).

I'm based in Ireland.

Best Answer
0 Votes