Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit doesn't charge after dying

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have a Fitbit Ionic that I bought in Oct 2017. It was working fine until this morning. The battery drained off earlier today and after that it wont charge at all. There is absolutely no display. I tried the usual troubleshooting steps of pressing the left and bottom right buttons but that did not work. I also tried cleaning the watch and cable charging points. No luck.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Raunak

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @chitre.raunak thanks for bringing this situation to my concern, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community Forums and a hand with your Ionic.

Seems odd that suddenly your Ionic stop taking charge, thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Fitbit prior posting. Since you already tried our restart process, I'd like to recommend our factory reset procedure which is completely different than the one that was already tried. To do so, please follow the next steps:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive).
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons.
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details.

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be here if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for looking into it. I tried this approach but it did not work. The fitbit is not responding at all.

I also replaced my charger thinking that it might be the cause but no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @chitre.raunak thanks for your reply. My apologies for the delay in responding.

Thanks for taking in consideration the troubleshooting steps that were provided in my previous post. I was informed by our Customer Support team that they already provided you with assistance regarding this situation, therefore, I recommend you to contact them back if you have any additional questions regarding the resolution that was provided by them.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issues. I find on YouTube that we are not alone. My case # 30937991 has been filed with Fitbit but other than that there has been no contact. I performed the same cleaning and cable + charging power source swapping you invoked with no solution. 

Min the past when I had issues with previous Fitbit devices they were really helpful and proactive. I guess they out grew their support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also facing same problem with my Fitbit Ionic. It was left unused when I travelled abroad for approximately one month. After my return, when I am trying to charge it, it refuses to show any signs of getting charged. I have checked the contacts and tries various sources of USB for charging. So I do not see any issues with the cable and charger. As mentioned on the forum, I also tried reset and factory reset procedure but no luck. I have written to the customer Support and hope that they will be able to find a solution. Is there any service center in Mumbai, India?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there.
I was frustrated and called the US support number. After about 10 minutes the dispatched a new watch to me from California. I have no idea how long it will take. They quoted 10 working days but when this happened about 2 years ago, I got a replacement in about 4 days.
Give them a call. It matters to me to talk to a human. 😲
Cheers
Chris aka tBoxranger.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Hey guys! It's a pleasure to continue providing assistance with this situation. Welcome to our Community Forums @Tboxranger and @RavindraB.

@Tboxranger Thanks for troubleshooting your device prior posting, I totally understand how frustrating was this situation for you. I'm happy to know that after speaking with our Customer Support team they provided you with a replacement device accordingly to our warranty policies. I recommend you to get in touch with them if you have any additional questions regarding your replacement order or contact me back if you need anything else. Thanks for the suggestions that were shared to @RavindraB. They informed me that assistance is already being provided to you, therefore, keep an eye to your email inbox for any update from them.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Ricardo.

The fit bit started charging after several attempts of contacts cleaning and plugging-in to charge the device some times over a longer duration. Yesterday when I plugged in for charging the display showed 0% in red colour and the device continued charging there after.

It is functional and also synchronised with the app yesterday late night Indian Standard Time. I so have some synchronization issue but hopefully it will get resolved soon.

The fitbit support team and the community forum were extremely helpful in solving the problem.

Thanks & regards,

Ravindra 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @RavindraB, thanks for your reply and update. My apologies for the delay in responding your post.

I'm happy to know that our Customer Support team provide you with assistance too and that your concern was resolved after trying some troubleshooting steps, your effort and patience are appreciated. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if your require further assistance or if you have any additional questions, I'll be here. For the syncing concern, please give it a try to our help article:Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

It was a pleasure to assist you. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Recardo for all your help.

The device is working all right now including synchronization.

Regards,

Ravindra

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're more than welcome @RavindraB, it's a pleasure to continue assisting you.

I'm happy to know that your Ionic device is working and syncing the way we designed it, your patience with this situation is appreciated. I'll be here if you need anything else from my end or if you have any additional questions regarding your Ionic or anything related with Fitbit in general. I want to suggest you to visit our discussion forums and participate. There are several users who are interested in fitness, healthy eating, better sleep, among others. I'm sure that they will be happy to meet you there. Smiley Very Happy

Have a nice week!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am confused.

I was congratulated for my Fitbit ionic charging and syncing. That’s funny strange since it has been dead for the last 10 days. Also the replacement is no where to be seen. I asked for a tracking number so that I might know when it would arrive but have had no response. The last time I had a device die, fitbit got me a replacement in 4 calendar days.

Respectfully
Charles Smart

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
Hello Charles,

My fit bit had charging issues as I had not used it for almost one month. The battery appeared to be in deep sleep. I tried several times cleaning the contacts and charging using various USB ports, especially over longer time durations i.e. left it overnight for charging.

I guess the trickle charge that the battery received must have helped it to revive. When I plugged it in after several failed attempts, it showed "0%" in Red colour on display and then on the battery started charging. After about 10% of charge level the Fitbit display appeared and the device booted normally. It also charged fully.

Then I was having some issues with Synchronization of the device with the phone app. However that is also resolved now.

My fit bit is now working normally.

Thanks & regards,

Ravindra Behere
Best Answer