Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic Totally Dead

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit does not respond to anything i try

charge cable not even displaying 0 % charge

New cable and still not working

USB port on computer used for Fitbit will charge my Mobile phone on its own cable so not PC

Pressed backbutton over a min ( Nothing )

Pressed backbutton and bottom button over a Minute (Nothing)

Repeated, Repeated, Repeated over 3 days at different times of day

While plugged in and Not plugged in 

I Think its Broken and this all started when a few days ago i plugged it in and cable said charging, next morning everything totally blank and no response at all

Even plugged on a laptop just in case and you guessed it .... Nothing

Rob

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I am having the same issue Robert70. My ionic battery went completely dead, put on the charger and the charging light showed as working but when I went back to check on it, the battery is still completely dead and will not change no matter where I plug it in. Very frustrating. 

I am going to try the fitbit help line to see if thy know some sort of trick but wanted to let you know yours is not a one off, same issue happening to others

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. My battery went dead a couple of days ago and I just got around to plugging it in the charger this morning and it's not doing anything. I don't get the 0% charge on the screen or anything. I also tried cleaning it and using the reset method but still got nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Robert70 have you long-pressed all 3 buttons to turn k  your device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Robert70 have you followed the steps outlined here? Ionic help alternatively you can try and hold all 3 buttons for at least 15-20 seconds to hard reset the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

You need a help chat with Fitbit. They are the process of replacement. I have did that, I am waiting for ionic replacement.

Best Answer

Ive tried all different combinations. The watch is Dead. Maybe there is a diagnostic tool to reactivate or a secret engineer button pressing sequence to bring back alive... joking aside i think the watch has been killed by the internet connection via the charging cable because it was working and charging the night before it died

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all 3 buttons for 20 seconds and even 60 seconds with charging cable attached and without charging cable and its totally blank.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer support and they were able to restart mine. We tried a few different things but in the end we did the reboot (hold the left and bottom right buttons until the fitbit icon appears). I am pretty sure I had tried that initially and it didn’t work but for some reason it did while I was on with customer support. Has been working fine all day since. Good luck with yours, I have heard of a few people having to replace theirs for the same reason- if it’s less than a year old, fitbit should be able to send you a new one no charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine dead when it is starting new update from fitbit. When update the battery is full 100%. Just suddenly my fitbit ionic screen off and can’t finish the upgrade, because the ionic can’t turn on anymore (until now). Try everything from youtube, etc doesn’t help 😥

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, having the same problem here already use it for less than two year now its totally dead when I just have walk and realize it doesn't work. I have pressed the three button still nothing, charge it also doesn't show nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes