Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the ionic since the first week of December and I have had already about three problems with the syncing. Right now it hasn’t been able to find my ionic and keeps on saying looking whenever I try to sync it. Maybe it’s a glitch or something but it is definitely very frustrating.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

hey there. It is happening to multiple users- me being one of them. There hasn't been official word on the issue, but unpairing and repairing your tracker to Bluetooth solves it for a little while. For some it solves it completely. Try..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I tried unpairing my from my phone, and now I am unable to attach it to my account.

I can get the code to show up on the fitbit, but when I enter it on the phone, the fitbit goes to it's main screen and I just get "connecting to fitbit...." forever 😞

I've been locked out of syncing for over a week now.....

Best Answer

So frustrating....I’ve had the same issue since I received it...unable to sync...or connect to wi-if..and only certain apps working...after talking with customer service, they instructed me to do factory reset....now I’ve lost all my musica and apps that I did have...unable to connect to both my iPad mini and windows laptop....this was a lot of money to spend for basically just a digital watch!

Best Answer

Fitbit has something going on with the BT radio in the Ionic.

I've had numerous issues that match up with what's described here. 

One thing that has worked (70% of the time) for me is pairing headphones to my Ionic...that seems to wake up the BT radio and then BOOM it syncs with the phone (iPhone SE).

Sometimes I have to close the Fitbit app on the phone... sometimes I have to get on my home wireless and do the "transfer music" thing on both the computer and the Ionic...

Some combination of all of that seems to get the Ionic to sync, so I usually don't go a whole day without being able to pair and sync.  However, it is galling how much less reliable this is than the Charge 2 HR at being able to sync when I want how I want to move my data the way I want.

I'm hoping that Fitbit gets a patch out in the next couple of months to fix this issue with the BT radio switching itself off and suddenly being unable to sync for hours on end.

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's Australia Day here Smiley Happy and my phone must know because every time I  open the App the phone syncs before my eyes.. Been like that for 4 hours..

Even the notifications show on the watch before they are on my PC.. So it goes Phone, Ionic and then PC..

I'm still on Android App V2.64 and definitely experience all of the issues others have reported in the Android Forum.. but randomly with good and very bad days..

2.65 is still not available in my Google Store.. but at least my results are being synced..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Yes this syncing problem is ridiculous.  Please fix asap

Best Answer

I’m so disappointed with my ionic.  Have had it for a couple of weeks and it won’t sync.  I disconnected it, reset to factory settings, tried everything but still not connecting. No phone notifications either.  I thought I was upgrading from my blaze but this is really pathetic.  This should not have been released until it actually worked.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Syncing is very unreliable. Only works after 20-30 tries and the Fitbit app using up 17% of phone battery and several manual rebooting of the phone and countless auto rebooting of the Ionic. The Ionic just seems to reboot itself on sync attempts. Very frustrating, undid all the guided breathing exercises on the Ionic.

Best Answer

I have been doing some tests because the syncing is so ssslllowwwww from Ionic to Phone and by accident today a surprising thing happened.........

I have found by turning off the phone and using Fitbit Connect on the PC it will sync my Ionic immediately. Leave the phone on,  and sync, too hit and miss even though it works... Shades of too many Bluetooth devices in proximity..

The other thing that happened,  the Ionic sync this way was immediate, too fast from the Fitbit Connect...... Why ?..... My sleep did not record sleep stages because the HR stopped just after midnight...  HR started again after a restart of the Ionic.

It makes me think we are getting too impatient with syncing,  because with HR recording there are about 34,000 plot points for 24 hours.. So for me, after 9 hours in bed which is about 13,000 plot points..

Also the sync goes to the server first, so we have to wait for the round trip.. All of my multi devices sync immediately with both, phone or Connect.. So that makes me think it's the amount of data from the HR devices..

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just synced again by turning the phone off and used Fitbit Connect on the PC.. The syncing was immedaite for my three active trackers.... The Surge was switched off....

I thought this test would be to see what happens when I multi sync.. The Zip and the One were about 200 steps ahead of the Ionic and I had not done any trolley shopping.

Final result immediate for all trackers and now all three trackers show the Fitbit One step count so the extra steps finished up on the Ionic..

Best Answer
0 Votes