Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit no longer working properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit Ionic started beeping, sliding up to one of the upper message screens and hanging, not cycling though is functions when I try to change things. I shut it down and restarted, with no change to the actions. I did a factory reset and still no improvements. I have had the unit for just about a year and a half, so it is out of warranty. The helpful agent on the chat line said that there is no repair facility, so I just get to buy a new unit. I paid about $300 for the unit and it only lasted 1.5 years? This is also not the first fitbit I have had, which the others did not last much if any past their original warranty time. Is there any reason I should continue to buy Fitbits?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @RABRAB, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your Ionic device with our Support team prior to posting. They informed me that assistance regarding this situation was already provided. That said, my best advice for you will be to contact them back if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case, I'm sure that they'll be happy to give you more information and details. Also, for a better understanding of their conclusion, please check our warranty policies here.

I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem is not the warranty per second, it is the fact that a 300 buck
watch fails after 1.5 years service, and it can't be repaired... and all
your company offers is a 25 % discount on a replacement. I have already
used a lower functioning unit, and it failed as well. The Ionic unit
probably only cost a quarter of what I originally paid, so buying another
Ionic, you are still making money on a poorly designed unit. Unless you can
convince me that the poor performance is a fluke by providing at least an
at cost replacement unit....I am ready to go to anyone else's
product....and tell everyone I can that Fitbit provides an inferior product
that noone should waste their money on.

Thanks for your time and consideration..RAB
Best Answer

Your reply is appreciated @RABRAB.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with the inconvenience you experienced with your Ionic device. For a better understanding of the information that was shared by our Support team, I suggest you to check our warranty policies and contact them back if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. The input that was provided is really appreciated, we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services.

Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes