Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit stuck on Bluetooth pairing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone, I recently had to reinstall Windows on my "amazing" machine. My Fitbit Ionic had a bug that kept telling me it was at 84 percent, so when it unexpectedly died (it was really at 0 percent, not 84, unbeknownst to me) and I recharged it, its time was off by about 2 hours and 45 minutes. But it wouldn't resync with my computer to correct the time because I'd forgotten to reinstall the Fitbit app.

So I reinstalled the app and all my information popped up luckily...but my Ionic wouldn't resync, even though the app remembered it. So I had to unpair the Ionic from the computer and tell the Fitibt app to forget it, i.e. I wanted to re-pair the Bluetooth connection from scratch.

Now here's the problem. The app and the Fitbit found each other again, but for some reason, the app couldn't complete the pairing. It got as far as to allow me to enter the 4 digits it needs to complete the pairing and then told me it was having trouble pairing. (It wasn't paired with my computer at this point--for some reason, my computer won't detect it.) Now the watch is stuck on the code display (the four-digit code you enter into the computer to complete the pairing).

None of the buttons on the watch are working. It's frozen. Is there any way to reboot the watch in this state, to get it to stop trying to pair? Or should I wait for it to die? No idea what to do. I now have a really expensive paperweight that displays four digits.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried rebooting the Ionic by holding the bottom right and left buttons together for 10 seconds?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Have you tried rebooting the Ionic by holding the bottom right and left buttons together for 10 seconds?

Best Answer

Aha. Thanks. I didn't know you could reboot it like that. Thought you had to do it through the menu. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes