Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not connecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I have recently purchased a Fitbit ionic. I have managed to get it all set up and linked with the Fitbit app and also Strava but when I go to log a walk or a run, the GPS says connecting. It’s never budged to connected yet. I’m finding this highly annoying as this is the reason I bought it for the GPS tool. 

Has anyone got any suggestions to help me please?

Moderator edit; Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Purgusss thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'm happy to give you a hand with your GPS concern and a warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Seems odd that your Ionic built-in GPS is not connecting, when you select a GPS exercise, Ionic should vibrate when it finds a GPS signal. Please take in consideration that environmental factors including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover can interfere with your watch's ability to connect to GPS satellites. For best results, wait for Ionic to find the signal before you start your workout. For more information and details about GPS, I recommend you to check: How accurate is GPS? and then let me know how it goes.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. I'll be here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found your post informative.  Maybe that's why my GPS works sometimes and not others

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @sjimbs thanks for your reply. My apologies for the delay in responding. 

I'm happy to know that the information that was provided in my previous post was helpful. Don't hesitate to contact me back if you experience difficulties with your Ionic or if you have any additional questions about anything related to Fitbit, I'll be here.

Have a nice week, it was a pleasure to help you. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ricardo, I have my ionic for over a year now and the gps all of a sudden does not connect. I get the green parabolic icon and it says "searching."  I get the end result of a run as it knows the start-stop times and I presume uses my steps. I get no pace of course.  Any ideas? I don;t have tall buildings and the environment hasn't changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ash2jam, thanks for your post, It's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums. My sincere apologies for the delay in responding.

I appreciate the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device you're currently using? Also, when was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then? In the meantime I receive your answers, please restart your device to refresh its performance. 

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes