Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not picking up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there anyway I can get GPS to connect more quickly. It usually takes a while but today it didnt connect until I was 1.5km into my run. Very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@kazza6460 wrote:

Is there anyway I can get GPS to connect more quickly. It usually takes a while but today it didnt connect until I was 1.5km into my run. Very frustrating

Stand still while it connects. If you move, it takes much longer to connect, as it’s trying to work out where it is, which of course is constantly changing if you move.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kazza6460 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your inquiry regarding the GPS connection with Ionic.

Just to add more to @SunsetRunner great suggestions; also check your environment. Keep in mind that tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover can interfere with your watch's ability to connect to GPS satellites. Check this helpful article for more details on Ionic's connection to GPS.

Also, you can always restart your Ionic if you really think it is taking too long to connect. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It did it again. Went outside and did some stretches while waiting, started running and half a km later it picked up GPS. Finished run, came inside to get the dog, went outside, put watch on walk and .3 km later it picked up. I am having to use my phone as a backup which is not ideal.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kazza6460 Don't start your run until your watch says connected. You'll have a much better experience that way. (It'll also connect quicker) 

Best Answer
I tried that today, it still hadn’t picked it up after 5 minutes of standing still.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes