Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting not allowed message when using Fitbit Pay

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have added a credit card to the wallet on my Ionic & tried twice (at two different stores) to pay using the watch (using PayPass in Australia), but the EFTPOS Terminal comes back with the message 'Not Allowed'. What is the problem, and how to fix it?

Thanks...

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

Welcome to the Community @DeclanT! I appreciate the details that you've mentioned as well for trying with two different stores.

I would like you to confirm that your bank is on the list of Supported banks and that you've followed these steps to set the card properly How do I set up Fitbit Pay?.

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is commonwealth bank of Australia.

I believe I have followed the necessary steps to set it up and use it at the terminal.

Regards,
Declan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DeclanT. The other day I loaded our CBA Mastercard into the Fitbit Pay Wallet to test for Australian condition and it hasn't faltered.  I have swapped between this card and ANZ Visa.  All work.

So that you can test, these large networked retailers worked for me in this test with CBA. They are, Bunnings, Woolworths, McDonalds, BP service stations, IGA and Chemist Warehouse.

When you get the not allowed message, can you tap your card ?

@DeclanT wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is commonwealth bank of Australia.

I believe I have followed the necessary steps to set it up and use it at the terminal.

Regards,
Declan

Sent from my iPhone

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think the second time I tried it was at Coles. I can try Woolworths.

Yes I had to then use the card and it worked no problem.

Would it help to remove and then add my card back to the wallet?

Cheers,
Declan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the information that you've mentioned @DeclanT. I would like you to provide me with a picture of the error message that you're receiving. Also, provide me with a screenshot of your app showing that Fitbit Pay has been set up on your Ionic.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Regards,
Declan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok,

I tried three different places this morning:

(1) a cake shop

(2) Coles

(3) Woolworths

Here are the messages I got:

IMG_5775.jpgIMG_5777.jpgIMG_5778.jpgIMG_5774.jpgIMG_5785.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DeclanT  I live in the South East and frequent  a 10km radius from Bentleigh East..

If by chance you live in this vicinity I could test my Ionic at the same Coles/Woolworths stores.

In saying that I have no issues at various Coles/Woolworths stores, Even BigW.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried the Coles and Woolworths at The Glen shopping center in Glen Waverley.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DeclanT. Thanks... Was that through the Self Serve checkouts or by the Operator checkouts?.

A few months ago I had issues with the Coles Self Serve checkouts in my area but they were aware of it and the issue was fixed a few days later..

I'm in the opposite direction today, so maybe some other Australian Fitbitters in the The Glen proximity using their Fitbit Pay can post.

@DeclanT wrote:
I tried the Coles and Woolworths at The Glen shopping center in Glen Waverley.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok thanks...

Only one time was through a self-serve checkout : the last time I tried at Coles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DeclanT I went to Coles in The Glen tonight and my Ionic worked with CBA Mastercard.

I used the first self serve terminal on the left as you enter the area.

Knowing you have taken all of the suggested steps, and if yours fails again, there is obviously an intermittent issue with your Ionic.

@SilviaFitbit maybe able to throw more light on this because there is another topic covering similar issues in Australia and one of the posts by a Fitbitter said that Fitbit are aware of these issues. Whether your specific issue fits the other issues I'm not sure.

@DeclanT wrote:

Ok thanks...

Only one time was through a self-serve checkout : the last time I tried at Coles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DeclanT

I feel your pain. I’m an Aussie and having the same issues, so you’re not alone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the pictures that you've tried @DeclanT. I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you and investigating the message that you're getting. 

Thanks for your advice @Colinm39

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok great - thanks Colin

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok thanks for your support - hopefully they can resolve our problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

More testing from my end.. I was at Chemist Warehouse today and they had two of the the three checkouts closed.. The one open is intermittent, always, and today I got the vibration and green tick on the watch but had to insert the card..

So now I'm telling the staff I'm doing some research with this particular problem and on this particular Pay Terminal they admitted they had problems.. It's the type of the pay terminals with the added touch feature at the top of the terminal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39 I know this may be part of the issue for some people and seems to be so for you, but it’s not the final answer. I come across these types of terminals too and before the update, these terminals worked with Fitbit pay. They still do sometimes and don’t other times. They still work without fail on Apple Pay. Fitbit pay also fails on newer terminals for me. Also, if those types of terminals are part of the isssue, it seems one tech company has a pay system that still works with them faultlessly and one tech company’s pay system does not. 

Best Answer

Delete delete 

Best Answer
0 Votes