Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost steps after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Mine Fitibit Ionic was working perfect last week. On Monday i saw a message that the tracker needs to be update so i installed the OS3.0 . After the update i notice that i make a lot more steps than before. 

On Tuesday the fitibit counted more than 5000 steps while i was sleeping. (and no i dont sleepwalk 🙂

During the day on work i had a lot of meeting, when only sitting i saw the Ionic continuously counting step. But how can that be by only sitting. 

also after the update my heartrate is very high, around 150 bpm or -- , for the update it was around 50. perhaps thats explains the ghoststeps. 

Plus the lifetime of the battery is now 1 or 2 days in stead of 5 (for the update)

Has someone a solution ? I did a reset, back to factory settings, also installed the os3.0 again, delete the app, etc.. 

PS: You must install the os3.0 to continue the installation.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @MartijnR, it's good to see you around in the forums for the first time. 

I'm sorry to see you've been having trouble with your Ionic watch not tracking your steps and heart rate properly, as well as the battery draining too fast. Thank you for confirming that you already tried all the basic trouble shooting steps of restart, factory reset, installing the firmware update again and deleting the app. 

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team, but I've been informed that you already have a case created with them and they're providing you with assistance. 

I hope everything goes well, keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the solution is to buy something other than Fitbit. They will tell you to reset you Fitbit, uninstall and reinstall, turn off external apps etc and it does nothing. Their latest update has caused massive issues and they refuse to acknowledge they’ve done something wrong. They come back with the same corporate line of the battery life should only last 24hrs blah blah blah. In fact they’ve stuffed something up majorly and won’t admit it. I’m left with a 13 month old expensive bracelet now .... it’s more than 12 months old they won’t replace it.

im now looking at a Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes