Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Manual

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't find the full Ionic manual and also how do I turn bluetooth on/off? Thanks...

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

The manual is at: https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_ionic_en_US.pdf

You can't turn bluetooth on / off on the ionic - it's permanently on.

Best Answer

Appreciate the response!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It told me my bluetooth was off...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perhaps it meant your phone?

Are you having a problem with your fitbit?

Best Answer

Was told that bluetooth is always on in the ionic...mine tells me bluetooth is off! Is there a way to turn it on/off?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the fitbit app is where it said the bluetooth was off...

Best Answer
0 Votes

First let me welcome you to the community @rjrubin.

As for Bluetooth your Ionic has 2 versions, Classic and Low Energy.

Classic is the original and only used for connecting a speaker or headphone to your Ionic

Bluetooth Low Energy is the type of Bluetooth that the ionic and all fitbits use to sync the data.

It is the Classic Bluetooth that can be turned off. The low energy Bluetooth is normally listening for commands.

Best Answer

When I click on the ionic watch and then click on clocks, apps or fitbit wallet I get a message to make sure bluetooth is on. That's all it will let me do (click OK)...

How does this relate to my problem?

Thanks...

BTW: I sync fine...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This would probably be referring to the phones Bluetooth, basically it is saying that the app is having problems communicating with the tracker.

For me this message usually disapears shortly, once the app makes connection with the tracker.

Yes I have noticed the tracker will sync so I'm assuming this connection is through a port(doorway).

I can only goes at what to try.

Restart tracker, restart phone, clear the phones cache are a few things to try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sync with the dongle. Please re-read my previous reply and tell me how this relates to my phone???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what you mean, are you saying that you do not have the Fitbit app on your phone? If using a dongle, is it the Fitbit Dongle? A generic one should not work properly.

So what device is it that you get this error on?

If the ionic is currently connected to your phone, this could be the problem of you receive the error on a computer?

Do you sync through a win 10 computer or a Mac a computer?

I did reread and all I found is a reference to the Fitbit app of which there is 4 versions.

I also merged your two threads that are on the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

sorry...I sync through my desktop running Windows 10...I don't even own a smart phone. And yes, it is a fitbit dongle...

Best Answer
0 Votes