Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goal notification

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I tell my Fitbit Ionic to NOT vibrate and show fireworks when I reached my goals (e.g., 10000 steps)? I already went to Settings and switched push messages off. Sometimes, like in business contexts, it is not ideal if there's fireworks 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unbelievably, you really can't.

In the fitbit dashboard, you have to set a main goal (there is no option for none).  When the main goal is hit, you get the fireworks.

What I've done is set the main goal to floors (or some other stat you may not care about) and set it to 1,000, so it's effectively never hit.  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

wrote:

How can I tell my Fitbit Ionic to NOT vibrate and show fireworks when I reached my goals (e.g., 10000 steps)? I already went to Settings and switched push messages off. Sometimes, like in business contexts, it is not ideal if there's fireworks 😉

You need to do this via the web dashboard. Go into your settings there and under notifications you’ll see a setting for step goal notifications, which you can uncheck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unbelievably, you really can't.

In the fitbit dashboard, you have to set a main goal (there is no option for none).  When the main goal is hit, you get the fireworks.

What I've done is set the main goal to floors (or some other stat you may not care about) and set it to 1,000, so it's effectively never hit.  

Best Answer

Great! Thanks for the fast reply. Sad that it's not possible. But your work around is smart, I'll do that, too 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the fast reply. However, my dashboard does not seem to have this option. Do I have to sign up for anything before?

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply. However, my dashboard does not seem to have this option. Do I have to sign up for anything before?

Hmmm, I'm not entirely sure (I think I used the same information when I synced my mobile device for the first time).  But, on the fitbit dashboard (www.fitbit.com when logged in) you can get there by clicking the settings icon in the upper right, and selecting the ionic.  There, you'll see all the ionic settings like main goal.  

Best Answer
0 Votes