Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golf Game/Tracking the Activity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So....I'm old and not THAT tech-savvy but...I can't seem to start a Golf Game as an Activity AND use the Golf Game App at the same time.  Can figure out how to do one but...not both at the same time.  Can someone enlighten me.  And....while I'm typing....4-day battery life is a myth as far as I can tell.  Help says turn off a bunch of things but...why have them if you can't turn them on?  What is everyone's experience with battery life?  I'm getting about 1.5 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@gsphillips wrote:

So....I'm old and not THAT tech-savvy but...I can't seem to start a Golf Game as an Activity AND use the Golf Game App at the same time.  Can figure out how to do one but...not both at the same time.  Can someone enlighten me.  And....while I'm typing....4-day battery life is a myth as far as I can tell.  Help says turn off a bunch of things but...why have them if you can't turn them on?  What is everyone's experience with battery life?  I'm getting about 1.5 days.

First, You can't start a golf game as an activity since it would bring you to the exercise menu. I think smarttrak(fitbit's software for recording exercises that you don't record in their official exercise app) will record it as a sport or something like that. Just use the Golf Game app and see. If you continually use GPS the battery will last about 10 hours. An hour drains about a half day of regular use. I'm getting 4 days on my Ionic..,.

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@gsphillips wrote:

First, You can't start a golf game as an activity since it would bring you to the exercise menu. I think smarttrak(fitbit's software for recording exercises that you don't record in their official exercise app) will record it as a sport or something like that. Just use the Golf Game app and see. If you continually use GPS the battery will last about 10 hours. An hour drains about a half day of regular use. I'm getting 4 days on my Ionic..,.

Best Answer

So...I'm confused.  Golf is listed as an activity and tracks time, calories burned (as "laps" which makes little sense to me!), miles walked, BPM and BPM max.  I would think that I could start the activity, have it run in the background recording stuff and....start the Golf Game App as an adjunct to see distance to the hole, etc.   Am I just expecting too much?  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're talking about golf as an activity in the exercise app, you can't exit out of the exercise app once you start an exercise. You have to choose one or the other.

Best Answer