Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR not working & Calibration message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After reading numerous threads here on the forum about the calibration & Hr errors, and seeing that Fitbit's latest reply was on 03/27/18 (stating they were 'working on it'), I just have one question:

I received the Ionic yesterday. Calibration does not work, HR stopped working after 12 hrs, battery drains extremely fast: Shall I return the thing while I still can, or is there actually a solution for this that will fix this within an hour? 

It's ridiculous to buy something worth USD300 only to have to spend the first day finding solutions for all the errors without any live support from Fitbit, like Apple would offer.

1. Every time I try to calibrate it, it stops working and says something like 'Don't use Fitbit and don't cover sensors and try again'. Sensors aren't covered and I'm not using it... but the error keeps coming back

2.  I fully charged the fitbit today, when I received it it was on about 50%. But after charging, the heart rate tracker stopped working. I did a soft reset, but this also does not work... It actually worked the first 12 hrs, but immediately stopped when I charged the thing to 100%

3. And now after putting it back on, the battery is decreasing at a much faster pace than yesterday. I emptied 10% in about 30 minutes, while I'm not doing anything with it

4. I checked the settings on the Fitbit itself. Heart Rate is set 'on'. I switched it off and on, also did not work. I charged the fitbit both through wall plug and through computer. No difference. Still doesn't work and battery is draining...

5. I did a factory reset. This also did not work. The HR is still nog working

6. I also tried the following:

- Turn the HR tracking off on the Ionic

- Restart the tracker by holding the left and bottom right buttons for 10 seconds

- Restart your phone (like completely off and then on again) 

- Sync your tracker

- Turn the HR tracking back on in the settings on the Ionic

- Sync your tracker again

This also did not solve the problem.

7. I'm now 2,5 hours into problem solving. The battery has drained from 100% to 60%. Fitbit does not respond over Twitter.

8. It's asking me to calibrate again, but then giving a calibration error.

9. Did another factory reset and tried to avoid the OS2 update. Unfortunately, without updating, the Fitbit won't sync to phone or set-up, so that makes the device useless.

So: Return this item until Fitbit can produce something that actually works or any quick fixes that I have missed completely?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

A warm welcome to the Community @TK991! Thanks for the details and troubleshoot you've performed. Let me help you out with the issues you're experiencing, so you can enjoy your Ionic and try all the functions it has.

I'm going to enumerate my responses based in the questions you've posted so it can be clearer. 

1. The calibration message that you're seeing on your watch shouldn't interfere with the functionality of your device and you can temporarily dismiss this message by tapping "later". 

2. You can try these tips improve device battery's life and continue monitoring it

In regards to the heart rate not working, the procedure you've followed is a pretty good start. I wanted to share your post with our Support team, so they can continue assisting you. However, I've noticed that you already have a case with them, please keep the communication via email as once they've provided all the steps you should try based in the issue you're experiencing they will always find a solution. 

Rest assure that each option provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty, they will let you know what are your options.

Your patience to troubleshoot this is truly appreciated. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you a Fitbit employee?  If so that was a terrible response.   I just bought this watch and having the same issue out of the box 

Best Answer

I returned the whole thing and got my money back. They never resolved the issue, so I guess it's not worth spending this much on a device that has software issues out of the box and customer service like this ^^

Best Answer