Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not fully charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I always charge my Ionic at night and lately it is not charging fully. It usually gets up to anywhere from 83-94%, never 100%. I usually charge it once it gets below 20%, so it is charging, but only partially. It is being charged for at least 6 hours and, unless we have a ghost, is not being bumped or moved. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Have you tried a reset or switching it off? It’s unusual for a battery not to fully charge but ideally you shouldn’t be leaving it on the charger for so long.

Best Answer

Similar issues with mine. See this thread:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-doesn-t-charge-over-99/td-p/2544768

Fitbit has been completely unsupportive. Before that I was thinking of buying the Versa for my wife but after that I decided it's not worth it. They are not willing to stand behind their products.

Best Answer

Is the charger fully connected? Sometimes the band on mine bumps mine into the wrong angle

?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t checked in because I have been checking a few different variables and I still believe this is an issue. I’ve tried charging without the band, away from other devices, and as normal. The only time I can consistently get a full 100% charge is after a hard reset (and in that case, none of the other variables have an effect). 

I think there is an issue on Fitbit’s end with this, especially since I am not the only person having it. I plan to contact customer service about this. 

Also, since there was no warning in the instructions about overcharging, I’m assuming there is protection for that, so there should be no issue with charging overnight (which isn’t what I did with my Blaze for over a year with no issues). It’s not like my battery is fully charged anyway. 😉

Best Answer

I believe the battery in the Ionic is a lithium polymer type battery, I try not to let mine get below 40% and I take it off the charger when it hits 90%, same thing I do with my phone . Some battery sites claim the fastest way to wear out lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries is to run them down to low or overcharge them. I don't know how much over charge protection Fitbit has built into these watch's so I prefer not to take a chance .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure where I saw this theory but in my case it has proven to be the cause. I was using the higher current ports on my 4 port charger supply and my Ionic was most likely sensing an over current situation  - or something it didn't like - and would only allow the Ionic to charge to about 84%. Attached to the low power port (1 amp) my Ionic fully charges all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As a follow up, after trying multiple avenues with customer service, including different chargers, outlets, wipe and reinstall, etc. it was determined to be an issue with my Ionic and it was replaced, which resolved the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes