Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic doesn't charge over 99%

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HI guys, 

Has anyone experienced the fact that Ionic doesn't charge for more than 99% ? 

I have noticed lately even if on charge for hours, the watch will not get over 99%, I have changed plug and power adaptor and it seemed fine for a couple of weeks, but then it stopped charging again. 

I've also reset it and still on 99% max charge battery... any idea?

Thanks 

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@SunsetRunner, I have not experienced that.  I have had times when it has charged to 99% in about an hour, and then sat on 99% for a long time before it finally showed 100%. But, I don't remember it ever not going to 100%.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have been having the same issue since January. I have had countless interactions (email, phone, chat) with Fitbit "support." My understanding is that it is a known issue that several other users have also reported. I did perform a factory reset which "solved" the issue for the first recharge but then subsequent recharges had the same problem. The same happened the first time I let the battery fully drain.

In my case, what happens is that the battery will "fully" charge to 99% then within ~6hours of minimal activity the battery indicator will show mid 70% but after that, it seems to discharge at a normal rate. My guess is that it is an OS issue and not a battery issue. Unfortunately, Fitbit doesn't seem to be eager to solve the issue. They claim that the battery performance is as expected since it seems to last 4-5 days depending on use. 

They asked me to perform a more detailed testing in order even consider replacement. They told me to make sure that I manually sync my device at least 5 times a day until the battery fully drains. I gave up on trying to convince them that there is something wrong with my watch. I don't have the time to jump through the hoops they ask me to.

Please keep us posted if you find a solution or you get any help from Fitbit.

Best Answer
Hi,

Thanks for replying.

When I first joined the community and had my first device I thought the
Fitbit customer care was great. Recently I think they are lacking in the
support provided. I had a number of emails with them about other issues and
nothing was solved.

I believe if I will start emailing them about this nothing will get sorted
to and as you said I won’t have time to perform tests on something that is
an known issue anyway.

The watch works and that is what matter for them.
Not sure I will stick with Fitbit on my next product...

Thanks for your replying, at least I know the problem I’m having is real.

Chiara
Best Answer

I’m having the exact same problem! My Ionic charges to 99% and then stops, no matter how much longer I leave it plugged in to the charger. I was going to call customer service but it sounds like that’s a waste of time. I am glad to know I’m not the only one, at least. 

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same issue ever since I updated to the new firmware. Earlier pre update ionic used to be fully charged in approximately 2 hrs. Now even after 7 hrs its stuck at 99%, but the performance of the battery remains the same. 

Best Answer

Hi, I’m having exactly the same problem.  It’s only recent though and I’ve had it since December 2017. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ya eversince the recent firmware update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It could be that whatever algorithm the watch uses to display the battery percentage is out calibration a bit. But I would never leave it plugged in over nite or more than the 2 hours fitbit says it should take to charge if fully depleted. I always unplug mine when it hits 90% charge because overcharging and completely discharging lithium batteries is a battery killer. When I unplug mine at 90% it will actually say 93 or 94 % a 1/2 hour to an hour after I unplug it, where's the extra charge coming from? I don't think the charge circuit is overly accurate so I prefer to make sure I don't overcharge mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just noticed this topic today and it is already January of 2019.

I started seeing this symptom since about three months ago.

There is one or two times, I "moved" to another location of the house and received a 100%, it is from a different charger, not sure if that is the reason...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't think it's the USB charger, but its more likely the new update. Have nt had the issue eversince the new update.if it is still persisting just leave it for 3 hrs while you  charge and make sure you sync after you unplug it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done that for a very long time, and it is not related to the latest update, nor the one before it. When it is put on the charger, the Ionic charges to 99% very rapidly, then it will stay at 99% for another hour or more before finally showing 100%.  If I need to go somewhere, it take it off the charger while it is still at 99% and put it on, but if I am not in a hurry I leave it on the charger until it is 100%.  Neither me nor the battery has been affected by removing it from the charger while it is still at 99% - the battery still lasts 5 days on a charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem - started about two months after I upgraded from a Blaze last year. Several messages to Fitbit have been ignored - it seems to be their MO. Ignore a problem until it goes away. The battery life is slowly reducing, down about 10-15 percent currently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, mine is fixed. I d suggest you reset the watch then let the watch drain out of juice. Leave it for charging for least 4 to 5 hours, im assuming you are updated to the latest firmware. This should work. Typically it stays at 99% for a very long time, just leave it for some more time. That should pretty much sort the issue. 

Best Answer