Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic HR suddenly not tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm a FitBit fan; started with a zip, through Charge and Surge, then Blaze, now got an Ionic for Xmas. I have noticed in the last few days, the Ionic just stops tracking heart rate completely, whether I'm in an exercise mode or not. I've tried rebooting it, and then turning HR off then back on in the Ionic's settings, sometimes that works but today it isn't helping at all. I had to switch back to my old Blaze, which picked up heart rate and tracked immediately.

I've noticed others have variations on this problem, and I am wondering what is causing it. I always wear my Fitbit in exact same place, no oil or lotion, not too loose and not too tight. As I said...Blaze is working fine. Did a kettlebell workout earlier that the Ionic wouldn't track HR but once I switched to Blaze, no problem. I've updated the app (Apple Iphone 7Plus), but problem does not appear to be the app or syncing, but rather something in the Ionic itself.

I've left it powered off downstairs, will try it again later, but I don't understand why it would suddenly not track at all. That means I don't get any activity measure even if I'm up and around and doing stuff. So it's frustrating. Can anyone from FitBit assist?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Minnie, I had the same problem with my Ionic recently and cured it with a Factory Reset and haven't had any problem since.  Swipe left to Settings and then About and then Factory Reset which returns the tracker to when you first unboxed it.  You will be given instructions to set up and start again.

Best Answer