Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR not working correctly since firmware update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After loading the latest version of firmware onto my Ionic in the majority of occasions when I start (and also during) an exercise workout my heart rate doesn't always show.

This was not a problem previously.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Bazbit It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I would like you to follow these tips to improve the accuracy of your heart-rate reading on your Ionic: 

As with all heart-rate tracking technology, accuracy is affected by personal physiology, device location on your arm, and type of movement.

For a more accurate heart-rate reading:

• Wear your Fitbit device on top of your wrist, and make sure the back of the device is in contact with your skin.
  • When you’re not exercising, wear your device a finger’s width above your wrist bone.
  • During a workout, experiment with wearing the device higher on your wrist (2 finger widths) for an improved fit. Many exercises such as bike riding or weight lifting cause you to bend your wrist frequently, which could interfere with the heart-rate signal if the watch is lower on your wrist. 
  • Consider tightening your wristband before a workout and loosening it when you’re done. The wristband should be snug but not constricting (a tight wristband restricts blood flow, potentially affecting the heart-rate signal). 

Heart rate positions.png

Also, please reply to the following questions: 

- Is heart rate not showing only when you're exercising?

- Is it happening only with some exercises? 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I'm wearing my Fitbit in exactly the same way as I did before the last update and doing exactly the same things and I never had this problem before updating the firmware.
I don't have my heart rate showing during normal use, I only have it in view during exercise. The loss of heart rate is intermittent and it happens with all exercises.
Regards,
Bazbit.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Whatever you do, don't turn it off to re-boot or follow suggestions on fixes. 
My Ionic lost time and wouldn't sync. Tonight I tried the suggestions and now it's completely dead.  It had a full battery so that's not the issue.  It has to do with the latest update but won't matter now since it's dead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bazbit Thanks for getting back. Since it's still not working, I have created a case on your behalf and our team will continue assisting you. 

@Violet-Jo Thanks for the details mentioned. I have created a case on your behalf with our Support team, they will continue assisting you through email inbox. 

Don't hesitate to get back if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes