Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer doesn't stop when five minute cue is active.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic.  When setting a five minute cue, the watch vibrates every five minutes.  At that five minute time the watch face changes to show what you have run during that five minute stretch.  ie pace, distance etc.  This change in watch face readout lasts about 5 to 10 seconds.  If your run ends during that 5 or 10 seconds and you press the finish (pause button) it does nothing.  It doesn't stop or pause the time. The time keeps running and you have to wait until the watch face goes back to the normal readout before you can stop the time.

To me this is horrible. The main function of this device should be to time your run.  If you can't stop the timer at the end of your run the device is useless.  I have complained about this when I had the surge.  I assumed this bad flaw would be fixed with the Ionic, but it hasn't.  Very disappointing to say the least.  When are you going to fix this incredible flaw?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Doogyman Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate your feedback and comments regarding Ionic's cues. Usually this screen will stay for 5 o 10 seconds as you mentioned and once it has showed you the information tracked, you can finish the workout. I've tested this out and when you tap your screen, it will go back to the previous screen. 

The best place to make your voice heard is our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is a ridiculous answer.  You are confirming that you can't stop the timer and get an accurate time.  You also seem to be saying that somehow the management at fitbit is ok with the fact that you can't get an accurate time for your runs.  Well I am not.  The main reason I got this thing was to get an accurate time for my runs.  Now you are admitting that you can't get an accurate time on your runs and somehow that is ok.  If you are not going to fix this horrible flaw,  please give me my money back and will just get a stopwatch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Doogyman Thanks for getting back.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't want to make you feel that way. Fitbit is always striving to improve and this is why we have our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

As a side note, learn more about the Fitbit Warranty here. 

Catch you later. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes