Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Reset Fitbit Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any way to hard reset my fitbit ionic that is stuck in a boot loop? It keeps booting up to the clockface and then just restarts.

I tried the left and bottom buttons together but they had no effect. I should add that this is due to a custom clock face that had a syntax error.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Maybe all three buttons for min 15 seconds and then loose the left button first.

you have to install the Ionic again, I think

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Maybe all three buttons for min 15 seconds and then loose the left button first.

you have to install the Ionic again, I think

Best Answer

Hi,

try to push all buttons for min 15 sec.

then release the left button first

i think you have to install all again on the Ionic

Best Answer

it didn't work for me, there is nothing to do to get my ionic screen respond, even plugging it to the charger!!

My Ionic will give me a heart attack someday !!

I will definitely be buying Gear Sport today.

Best Answer

Doesn't work

Best Answer

Hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.

When the static logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration.

Best Answer

Completed the hard reset by holding down all buttons until static logo appears then released thebottom right and continued holding the top right and left button until strong vibration and now the ionic will not even turn on. Was fully charged last night, this morning was 90% and now dead....please help

tried connecting to charger to see if display pops up...nothing

Best Answer

3 button hold worked great. Then did factory reset, removed and replaced ionic in app, rebuild went fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG ! this helped mine ionic back to normal!

but it only work when i am not charging the device.

now it turned on and charging.

thanks a lot !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!  Worked for me!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there! I did this and now the Fitbit logo keeps appearing and disappearing.. and nothing more. How long is this factory reset supposed to take? 

Best Answer

I just did a factory reset and same thing, logo appears, black screen, logo appears, black screen, etc. HOW DO YOU HARD SHUT DOWN THIS THING?

Best Answer

Quick update, so I did manage to shut down the watch, but upon powering up, goes back into the boot loop, WTF did Fitbit do to FUBAR this thing?

Best Answer

That worked!!!  Thank you  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, i had the "Data not cleared" stuff, your method worked somehow, got the strong vibration but when i turned it on it went back to "Data not clears, sync and try again" screen

Best Answer

Hello I have same problem. Do you find a solution? 

@HanFyrem wrote:

Hey, i had the "Data not cleared" stuff, your method worked somehow, got the strong vibration but when i turned it on it went back to "Data not clears, sync and try again" screen

Best Answer

Why does the thread say the problem is "Solved"? I've tried two-button and three-button reset solutions to get mine out of the Welcome loop. Nothing is working. 

Update. I chatted online with the fitbit folks and it works now. Forums are great but I recommend going straight to the chat.

Best Answer
I couldn't get mine to work so I was sent a new watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get a solution to this. Just bought this Ionic and had it 45 days 3/3/19 and I have a big red "X" with the words data not cleared try syncing again. It flat won't get out of this mode no matter what I try including the hold 3 buttons ideas.

Any help appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was sent a new watch because the hard reset didn't work.  Thank goodness I had purchased the extra warranty!!  Good luck,  Gina

Best Answer
0 Votes