Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Reset Fitbit Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any way to hard reset my fitbit ionic that is stuck in a boot loop? It keeps booting up to the clockface and then just restarts.

I tried the left and bottom buttons together but they had no effect. I should add that this is due to a custom clock face that had a syntax error.

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Well, I don't have an extended warranty and I have tried all the button technics mentioned here. My battery went dead on me and the screen blacked out. So, I put my Iconic watch on the it's charger but had no idea if was charging or not. Then I used my laser temperature tool to measure its heat. Batteries charge around 95 degrees. I waited until the watch returned to room temperature before trying to start it. It just won't start for me. I have to throw it away after 14 months of ownership.  I don't know what else to do. 

Best Answer

I finally gotgot mine outout of brick mode. I hadhad to remove the app off my phone, remove the software off my laptop then reload it as if I were a new person starting from scratch and it removed the brick and started as a new device and thus it is working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So after it vibrate do you continue to hold the top left and middle or do you let both go

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did until the thing finally came on but remember mine was in brick mode meaning nothing would work. After I got it out of brick mode and went through the setup process I have not had an issue since. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a solution. Use the FitBit app on iPhone after factory reset. Connect iPhone and Ionic to same Wireless 2 G network. Update. If the update fails, switch to Bluetooth and continue to update with Bluetooth, as the iPhone app requests you to do. Android app does not update Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After it vibrates, keep holding for about five seconds before releasing, worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe this will help to someone...

My Ionic simply refused to turn on after I did About -> Shutdown from the Watch settings. It was working fine until that moment.

To hard reset (and I mean full factory reset):

1. Hold all three buttons for about 12 seconds,

2. You'll see the FitBit logo,

3. The logo will disappear after 1 second or so,

4. Release the bottom right button but keep the others! (easier said then done),

5. Keep holding the other buttons another 5 - 10 seconds. Unfortunately, there is no indication how long you should keep pressing those 2 last buttons (nice work developers!).

The crucial point is, after step 5, the watch will look like it is still dead. Wait for 30 seconds to a minute. My watch woke up afterwards and asked me to start the initial setup and pairing with the phone.

Good luck...

Best Answer

did you get this fixed?  same is happening to my iconic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have hard reset that thing to the point i don't wear it. It's just a pain. I also sent it in to be fixed and as soon as i got it back it started doing it again. Moved over to Garmin.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to replace my watch and thankfully it was insured. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to buy a new Fitbit watch after owning it for a year. I let the battery go completely dead many, many  times.  I am one year on my second Fitbit watch. Now, I never let the battery go under 50%. According to my research, the watch should last for years if I keep it charged and I clean the sensors with alcohol each day. I have no problem now and I love the Iconic Fitbit watch. I have the copper-colored one. In fact, I wear my watch when doing gardening, working in the garage, washing things, in the shower . . . everything! And the Iconic still looks new. Fittbit has great products. I may have some good advice. Because I always wear my Iconic watch on my left wrist with a snug-tight installing of the band; after a year I am noticing a very low heart rate around 118 when I am running 6 miles. I have a hard time getting my pulse up to 165 bps. So I examined my left wrist and noticed that there is an indention. My skin is actually caved in where I wear the watch. I wasn't sure if that was the problem. But I put the watch on my right hand while I was out running and wha-la, I immediately reach 165 bps. I tighten the band very tight . . . maybe too tight. It's a good lesson to learn. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

This works; releasing all 3 buttons at once after the logo displays will cause the Fitbit to resume normal operations. No need to re-install.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did the same thing and yes, my Iconic is now dead too...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I chatted with support and they are sending me a new iconic.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same!! Did you figure out how to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to send it in to get it fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  This worked--- nothing else worked -- holding left and bottom, holding all three 12-15 seconds and releasing left button, etc. --- but releasing bottom right, getting the vibration and then releasing other buttons did work!  THANK YOU!   I thought I had an expensive paper weight for a while 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes