Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hartbeat function fails

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since about two weeks my Fitbit Ionic is no longer registring my hartbeat. The green leds don't blink anymore. I've tried many things including a factory-reset. After the first reset it worked for two days and after that it failed again.

I have my fitbit for about 8 months now. Thats in my view a short time for a product to fail working.

Is there a solution for this problem?

There has been no external impact on de Fitbit, therefore i think it's a internal (software) problem

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1
At this point, I’m just about fed up. I’ve used Fitbit for the past four years. I’ve had the Charge 2, the Versa, and now the Ionic, and I have felt the same way since the beginning: Fitbit would be the #1, perfect health app and product if only it worked.

I’d say there’s a problem with my Fitbit tracker or Fitbit app at least once a day. The bugs in the app are innumerable and constant. With every update there comes more problems. Fitbit makes maintaining an app look WAY harder than it is. And, it really isn't all that hard to maintain an app when I am nowhere near as rundown by technical issues in all of the other applications on my phone as I am with Fitbit. Other apps’ problems are few and far between, but Fitbit is becoming infamous for them.

For instance, 1. The panels on the dashboard for calories and water are never accurate to what it says when you tap on the calorie or water panel. 2. Every day, my Fitbit stops receiving notifications by itself, and I have to restart it. 3. About twice a month, my tracker will just stop tracking my heart rate halfway through the night. I don’t sleep any differently, my tracker is fully charged, I don’t press any buttons, but it just stops all by itself. 4. When inputting exercise, the number choices for the duration will overlap the number choices for the time making it difficult to read. 5. Once every few months, I won’t be able to input food items; the app will just delete them. 6. Once every few months, the exercise I input manually will either have zero calories or will just be deleted. And, 7. The connection through Facebook that was promised as an easy way to add Facebook friends as Fitbit friends both has very little use and creative ability in sharing data with friends, but it flat out doesn’t work. You have never been able to easily add Facebook friends in the Fitbit app.

These are problems that I’m beginning to just live with because I seriously have no other option. Fitbit, in theory, is perfect for health maintenance. It has everything I need, and it keeps me well organized and motivated. But, my goodness, what’s not motivating is finding all of my information changed, lost, or unable to be inputted on a whim every week because Fitbit cares more about accessories than helping the customers that are already dedicated to their products.

Seriously, these issues just scream indifference! Does Fitbit seriously not care about their customer base? Message boards are littered with hundreds of problems plaguing every one of their customers repeatedly, time and time again. Regardless of any “updates“ or “fixes,” the same problems resurface, and I truly wonder what is it that Fitbit is trading customer satisfaction for! Why can’t you actually fix your products once and for all??

It’s irritating, because I continue to sing Fitbit’s praises to my friends and family, but at what point do I stop and really decide if this is a company I want to endorse? When do I choose to forego the Fitbit app and watch and just track my calories by hand in a notebook? Because, with all of these bugs and the lack of long-term resolutions, the products are becoming more trouble than they’re worth, and I’m starting to feel taken advantage of.
Best Answer