Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate LED light not turning off-Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.

After many years of faithful service my Ionic seems to be playing up. The green LED light for heart rate will not turn off no matter what I do. So far I have:

Attempted to turn off heart rate monitoring 5x

Shut down 5x

Hard reset using the button 5x

Full factory reset 1x

I even tried a wacky fix where a commenter suggested running the watch under cold water. The light stays on in a steady fashion, without the usual blinking. I even tried letting the battery drain completely, which turns off the light, but as soon as it's plugged in to charge the light comes right back on. The watch is also becoming quite hot to the touch with the light running for so long.

Any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @davowade.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @davowade.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was assisted by the online help team, couldn't be happier with the help and the outcome. Many thanks.

Best Answer

Thanks for your response, @davowade.

I'm glad to hear that your experience with Customer Support was great.

On another note, you are welcome to visit the Health & Wellness board to talk with other members about health and fitness.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes