Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate tracking accuracy issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit ionic heart rate values are inna urate.

During a regular hike when going downhill I'm peaking to 180 while when going uphill in a relatively fast pace, hearing my heart beating loudly I got 120. Moreover the heart rate signal is lost quite often. I'm also getting random heart rate peaks during regular walk.

I followed all the recommendations here but no avail. I also noticed the others reporting similar issues having commented customer service is aware of this.

I would strongly appreciate honest communication in this as I expect you know what is going on. The problem is that this is related to calories count so apart from physical exercise any losing weight effort is heavily skewed.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared with me. As with all heart-rate tracking technology, accuracy is affected by personal physiology, device location on your arm, and type of movement. For a more accurate heart-rate reading:

• Wear your Fitbit device on top of your wrist, and make sure the back of the device is in contact with your skin.
  • When you’re not exercising, wear your device a finger’s width above your wrist bone.
  • During a workout, experiment with wearing the device higher on your wrist (2 finger widths) for an improved fit. Many exercises such as bike riding or weight lifting cause you to bend your wrist frequently, which could interfere with the heart-rate signal if the watch is lower on your wrist. 
  • Consider tightening your wristband before a workout and loosening it when you’re done. The wristband should be snug but not constricting (a tight wristband restricts blood flow, potentially affecting the heart-rate signal). 

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes