Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartrate Alerts

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Many fitness enthusiasts and individuals of whom base their workouts on target heart rate zones would really appreciate a heart rate alert feature implemented into the new Fitbit Ionic as well -if possible all Fitbit watches. This feature would allow a Fitbit user to manually set their Fitbit watch to alert the user once their targeted maximum and minimum heart rate has been achieved while performing a workout.  The watch would vibrate on the user's wrist alerting the user when their selected heart rate has been accomplished or met allowing the user to more cater their workouts to stay within a selected threshold.  Implementing this feature will also serve well as a safety feature which can alert the user when their calculated heartrate is dangerously high or above the maximum threshold that they set enabling the user to adjust their workout accordingly.  Some Fitbit users I can imagine and many other individuals have cardiovascular/heart related issues which prevent them engaging in a workout that is too intense therefore a heart rate alert feature implemented into the new Fitbit Ionic would make the watch more marketable to the present customer base, a broader audience of fitness enthusiasts, and desirable to a whole new market of individuals of whom have cardiovascular/heart issues and will really appreciate a heartrate alert feature implemented into their fitness/activity trackers. Overall, implementing this feature will likely increase popularity of the watch, increase revenue, and appeal to a wider range of individuals that are taking steps to improve their health through daily workouts but are limited to what they can do due to cardiovascular/heart concerns.   Implementing this feature can likely be as simple as have software engineering add it to a software/firmware update which will allow it to perform identical to the silent/vibrating alarm feature already included in most Fitbit watches anyhow.  

Moderator edit: format and title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@kingtut1975 I can confirm that Ionic will not have a heart rate alerts option at launch.

If you'd like to see a heart rate alerts option on Ionic, I recommend creating an Ionic specific Feature Suggestion idea and voting for it. The more votes this gets, the more likely it is to be considered for future release. Also, share the link here when you've created it as I would like to vote for it as well.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

@kingtut1975 I can confirm that Ionic will not have a heart rate alerts option at launch.

If you'd like to see a heart rate alerts option on Ionic, I recommend creating an Ionic specific Feature Suggestion idea and voting for it. The more votes this gets, the more likely it is to be considered for future release. Also, share the link here when you've created it as I would like to vote for it as well.

Best Answer

Thanks so much Sir for taking the time to read my post and idea. I attached the link so you can vote, and hopefully many others can vote for this also. It will be extremely beneficial to the entire Fitbit community. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Heartrate-alert-feature-for-the-new-Fitbit-Ionic...

Best Answer

I just purchased my fitbit Iconic and love it. However, I walk and I have a specific fat burning heart rate I like to stay in because it does not raise my blood sugar levels. Today was my first day using my fitbit and I had to constantly check my watch to make sure I was in my target zone. So hell yes fitbit this feature would offer enormous benefits for heart rate zone users like myself and most ketogenic eaters.

Fitbit Ionic user since 10/19/2017
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kingtut1975 I voted!

@lightrider I recommend voting for the idea in the link @kingtut1975 shared here, if you've not already done so. Happy Friday!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As the OP described, that is exactly the sort of feature that I want too.  Have recently been given a Fitbit Charge 2 and would very much like to set goals for peak heart rate rather than the number of steps, or calories, or km, or hours active.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see how it could be done.  

A friend has a recently purchased Garmin sports watch which has stress levels easily readable on the phone's face. We assume this is related to heart rate and is a feature that fitbit should look at trying to incorporate into their watches, (and specifically the Charge 2 because that is the one I use! though I realise this is the Iconic forum thread)

In fact, the Garmin watch was lighter, and waterproof, and similar price, yet still seems to have all the features on the watch that the Charge 2 has, and more.  As good as fitbit Charge 2 is, I reckon it could be improved, even retrospectively.

C'mon...  get your techs to put their genius hats on.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I assume Fitbit basically doesn't care. They spend too much time updating the watch face. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Moving to Apple.  Can’t wait for Fitbit to get with the program and activate this feature and the blood O2 monitor

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have since purchased the amazing Garmin Forerunner 935

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
I’ll check it out before I buy thanks

robert myers I rkmyers@comcast.net I Ph/Txt 717-725-5258 I
Best Answer
0 Votes

This feature is very easy to add and distribute via update to all Fitbit devices. I can only assume there is some business reason for not supporting customers and will not support Fitbit with another purchase. Recommend people shop elsewhere for fitness devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Joe32789 wrote:

This feature is very easy to add and distribute via update to all Fitbit devices. I can only assume there is some business reason for not supporting customers and will not support Fitbit with another purchase. Recommend people shop elsewhere for fitness devices.

I suggest that one of the business reasons for not implementing this idea is that Ionic's HR monitor is deeply flawed. If they were to start basing alarms upon it this forum would grow exponentially with complaints.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am going to guess that it could be a legal reason. If you set a maximum heart rate and it doesn’t function and someone has a cardiac issue that would be dicey in the court room. That’s my guess anyway because as a function, it would be easy to do. My Fitbit is amazing. I can’t believe how great this thing is and I am certain they’d do it if they could. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do any fitbits have heart rate alerts?  Bought the Alta HR assuming it would only to find out it doesn't. RIDICULOUS that it and others don't..  Would be so easy to implement.  I know they have been sued over the HR sensor innacuracues.  Must be just refusng to give us what we want because they don't trust their own sensing technology?  Dont need it to be precise.  Just want a clue when I go high.

Best Answer
0 Votes