Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a refund for all of my Fitbit products?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Very disappointed with this brand and I no longer want to use them period. Yes I’m upset but I’m not writing this out of anger. I’ve purchased 4 items through the years and only one seems to be working somewhat ok. Each item over a $100 in cost with my newest edition $300plus. My 1st edition charge didn’t keep up with high heart rates during exercise or during the day causing my calories to be way off. Really 600 calories burned all day even though I’m a fitness instructor and workout all day! Ok! So next I Bought a Alta and that was just a waste of money period! 4 months in and the screen doesn’t respond after taking it off the charger and tapping it(yes I read a million forums of tapping it at the band connection and a thousand resets). On to my next buy. I bought the blaze because it had good reviews everywhere. No problem with the fitness features but it does have major bugs with the getting notifications. I would get text messages that were sent to my phone weeks ago but they would come in on my watch as it’s a new message. Very irritating but no biggie. Ok let’s give Fitbit more money and purchase a New Ionic. 2 days of owning it I had to exchange it because I had a faulty strap. After the 1st month the watch was incredible and close to accurate compared to my Garmin heart rate strap setup i only use for my spartan training. After the first month I noticed no alerts worked. After 3 months it doesn’t sync to phone and after 6 months the watch would freeze mid workout causing me to restart and losing all my workout data. Each time i call support it’s the same instructions given to troubleshoot followed by a please mail it in and wait 2-3 weeks until we send you a refurbished one even though i purchased it new. I’m very tired of being told to send my items in for inspection. Ive only bothered once to send my ionic in because of the price tag. I also requested that they send the watch first with a cash deposit on my behalf so i can not be without my day time watch but they said no. Ouch great customer service. The rest of my items are collecting dust because it’s not worth my time and energy to exchange these items for a refurb item that will more than likely break again. I really want ALL my money back or please send me a gift card to spend on Garmin items. They seem to hold up a lot better and you actually get what you pay for. If not please send me a new ionic after mine arrives instead of a refurb that was broken with a previous buyer. I hope this post doesn’t get removed so buyers can see what they are in for. Thanks for nothing Fitbit 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Cbryant2111

If you have any new devices purchased from Fitbit directly (not from local or online retailers) then you can return it no questions asked.

With problems, they do ask to have the device so they can check it over and that can take time. When returning a product, what you may receive could be a refurbished product, as stated in their warranty and returns information page.

Is the Ionic your only Fitbit under warranty currently?

Fitbit doesn't always remove posts from unhappy customers. They do, however, use their guidelines for posting on the forums, which can result in removal of posts.

Hope things work out for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Yes unfortunately the older models are out of warranty. All items were purchased from bestbuy via bestbuy credit card. Great rewards system and I’ve only used the card for Fitbit items and my Garmin watch so I have all receipts. I understand their process of inspection, wait time and sending a refurbished item back but it doesn’t sit well when you relay on the watch for reaching fitness goals. What kills me is there are a lot of post on the common isssues I’ve stated but yet they want to inspect it still? I have a receipt and a 1 yr warranty so for the inconvenience they should mail me a new one(overnight it they can afford it) and I’ll send mine in. I feel that is fair. Being mad will get me no where. I just want new buyer to be aware of what may come. I also have a few clients with fitbits. It’s very hard to explain to them why my chest strap monitor I loan during session reads more calories burned vs there charge 2 or other Fitbit items. I’m over the company and the poor products they are giving out to newbie fitness enthusiast who know no better. Also the rep stated the ionic has a lot of issues with the iPhone users especially the X model. I wished it stated that on the box when I bought it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I could agree more.  My Ionic can go for days with "Sync error, please try again".  Every time they update the app it breaks and I often have to reinstall to get it to work again. So over them.

Peter

Best Answer
0 Votes

Peter I would do the reinstall daily at least 2 to 3x so it could sync. It was a headache but i didn’t want to send it in and be without it for weeks. I relay on it and the app to keep my strict diet and calories burned in check. It’s a huge inconvenience that they know about from many users but hey you will get a refurb after you send that one in and after the warranty is over you will have a $300 dollar paper weight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes