Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my Fitbit email account?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When setting up my new Iconic I used my normal email address, which is used for my wife's watch, I need to reset the Iconic with a new email but it will not let me go back to the basic start point to input this information. What do I do, please help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Wassie22, it's nice to see you around the forums! Robot Very Happy Could you change your email address by following @Venkats's or @SteveH's suggestions? 

To complete what my friend @SteveH says, you'll need to hit either the Change Email or Change Password in color blue:

changingemail.png

changeemail1.png

No option to change your email, but in order to get it do the following:

changeemail.png

When you delete the old email address and start typing the new one, you'll get that message shown below of the email address. "Enter current password to change your email". Once you've done with that don't forget to click on "Submit" at the bottom of the page. 

PS: I'm using different profiles of mine, but the steps you need to take are always the same. Smiley Wink

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

There should be an option in the app to "delete this device". Delete the device. Assuming you have a second phone, download the app in that phone and add device to that app.

If sharing the phone, log out from the app and choose setup new id. Everytime you have to log out and log in with correct email id. Hope thats what you are asking.

Best Answer

Alternatively, you can change the email associated with an account in your profile settings at https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Wassie22, it's nice to see you around the forums! Robot Very Happy Could you change your email address by following @Venkats's or @SteveH's suggestions? 

To complete what my friend @SteveH says, you'll need to hit either the Change Email or Change Password in color blue:

changingemail.png

changeemail1.png

No option to change your email, but in order to get it do the following:

changeemail.png

When you delete the old email address and start typing the new one, you'll get that message shown below of the email address. "Enter current password to change your email". Once you've done with that don't forget to click on "Submit" at the bottom of the page. 

PS: I'm using different profiles of mine, but the steps you need to take are always the same. Smiley Wink

Hope this helps! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thank you all done

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news my friend @Wassie22, I'm glad to hear that. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Want to delete old details on Fitbit to new Fitbit Lite. Says I can't use email address as it is for another one. I only have 1 email

Best Answer
0 Votes